• ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Some place in Oregon. hole in the wall bar had the greasiest burger with bacon and a sunny side up egg on it. it. was. awesome.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Some place in Oregon. hole in the wall bar had the greasiest burger with bacon and a sunny side up egg on it. it. was. awesome.

What is it about "hole in the wall" places that one can usually find a very good meal? I prefer these kinds of places especially for breakfast.

Edit: I just read the "hole in the wall" post closer and had missed the bar reference. I want to point out that I do not eat breakfast in a bar... But I do like the no name diners and mom and pop restaurants.

Last edited:

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    What is it about "hole in the wall" places that one can usually find a very good meal? I prefer these kinds of places especially for breakfast.

Edit: I just read the "hole in the wall" post closer and had missed the bar reference. I want to point out that I do not eat breakfast in a bar... But I do like the no name diners and mom and pop restaurants.

I think it has a lot to do with the people that work in those kind of places, they are usually owners or know the owner very well and are passionate about the place, not just there to collect their paycheck and go home. We have quite a few in our area and they all have their specialty items that will blow you away.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I mean it really depends on my mood, and I can be happy with any of the burgers at most fast food places. If we are going solely on beef fast food burgers, What-a-burger is pretty good (wish we had one here in Indiana) and so is Culvers.... There was a place in michigan called "Fuddruckers" that was really good. However, for chicken, I do like my chick-fil-a and if it wasnt for all the soccer moms clogging up the drive thru I would go there more often.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think the best fast food burger I ever had was at a place called Duffy's Diner in Alameda, CA. It used to be part of a chain called Doggy Diner, but it went belly-up. A couple of guys bought it and kept it going. Their burgers were so greasy that they would put a stack of napkins in the bottom of the paper sack to absorb what leaked and oozed from the burger. Unless you ate it there or you lived within a couple of minutes, there was no way to get home before the grease destroyed the paper sack.

Now THAT was delicious!

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I think the best fast food burger I ever had was at a place called Duffy's Diner in Alameda, CA. It used to be part of a chain called Doggy Diner, but it went belly-up. A couple of guys bought it and kept it going. Their burgers were so greasy that they would put a stack of napkins in the bottom of the paper sack to absorb what leaked and oozed from the burger. Unless you ate it there or you lived within a couple of minutes, there was no way to get home before the grease destroyed the paper sack.

Now THAT was delicious!
    Steak and shake (or choke and puke as I like to call it) should start doing that

Top Bottom