James Yeager - Bane's First Knife & Magpul Shout Out!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    You me you like to stir the pot? :dunno:

No not at all. That implies I'm doing it for reasons other than to expose INGOers to some thoughts on training/gear/tactics from someone in the industry. Like anything else they can agree or we can have a discussion on why they disagree. I realize that some discussions in regards to Yeager videos have tanked pretty quickly, but that doesn't change my reasoning for posting them.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I like how the first half of the video was commending Magpul on their honorable business practices, but the second half was promoting a knife from the sleazy bastards @ Cold Steel :laugh:

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I bet Jeremy LOVES being tied to CS In that round about way! Lmfao!

Chalk full of opinion, which is fine, but I truly wonder if he understands the reasons cold steal is priced differently than most other knives they try to compete with? Highly doubtful he has researched much about the others he quickly mentions in company with a knife importer.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I truly wonder if he understands the reasons cold steal is priced differently than most other knives they try to compete with? Highly doubtful he has researched much about the others he quickly mentions in company with a knife importer.

I've heard him say in other videos that he's not much of a knife guy and doesn't know very much about them. I think this proves that. :D

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Instead of laughing at what the guy likes why don't some of you know it all knife guys send him a suggestion of a good knife to review? The guy was just saying for his needs that knife has net them an also affordable and he was happy to get a knife for his grandson.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Admittedly, I'm not much of a knife guy, either. Can anyone please inform me as to why Cold Steel is not generally considered a good knife? I own a couple of them, and really like them, but I do crave more knowledge on good blades.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Admittedly, I'm not much of a knife guy, either. Can anyone please inform me as to why Cold Steel is not generally considered a good knife? I own a couple of them, and really like them, but I do crave more knowledge on good blades.

I think they make some good knives.Sure you have better ones too, and usually more expensives, and also many worse ones.

I also think there are many knife snobs in here who like to dislike Cold Steel products. :rolleyes:

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I think they make some good knives.Sure you have better ones too, and usually more expensives, and also many worse ones.

I also think there are many knife snobs in here who like to dislike Cold Steel products. :rolleyes:

They don't make them.

And plenty of non knife snobs dislike them too. Personality and integrity are not just easy to write off for most.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN

In my limitied James Yeager experience, he doesn't take alternate suggestions to well. Which is absolutely fine, I am rather similar sometimes.

Top Bottom