• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ectoman86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Got a little out of it. Admit I was already looking at piston systems just because of the cleaning and reliability they are known for. Amazed at Yeager. No swearing. No threatening. Just information and when no data available, specified "My Experience."
    So how does everyone feel about Gas Impingement vs Piston?

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I personally like piston driven over direct impingement. You don't get all of the crud from combustion in your action.

However, you do get less heat around the front grip, less weight, and you don't have the piston assy over the barrel allowing a free floated barrel with the direct impingement system.

It just depends what you want the gun for. For a reliable shtf rifle, I'd go piston driven. For cheaper accuracy, given the ability to religiously keep the action clean, I'd go direct impingement.

Shudder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Dec 25, 2012
    I haven't read any forum posts on this guy, but the funniest thing I saw was a news report talking about how he left his job as a police chief after a disagreement with the mayor over his desire to form a swat team...for a town with 500 residents. That's hilarious.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Good video. There's lots of good piston guns. Here's a few with great to good reputations:
    LWRC, SIG 516, Ruger Sr556, and Stag Model 8. There's others, too. I've got the SR556, and gas guns, and they all run great. As for shooting them, I feel no difference. The only difference is when I clean them. The Ruger barely gets dirty, even when shooting Wolf or Silver Bear.

I like the new and improved Yeager. Maybe he's getting older, and more confident. To me, all the swearing and tough guy crap was possibly a sign of a lack of confidence. Sometimes people mistake that stuff for arrogance, but I've found that more often than not, it is the opposite.

Anyway, I can now watch his videos without lowering the volume so that my wife and kids don't hear it. (The wife clobbers me when she hears that stuff!)

Top Bottom