• ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    This.
    I think this movie made them popular.

My kids like it cause of Zombieland, my dad(old geezer) had to have one because of Steve McQueen on Wanted Dead or Alive. Fun to shoot in .22 especially for the kids. I can't hit ***** with it, but I'm nowhere near as cool as Steve McQueen:D

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Allright, I'll admit, I'm kind of interested in one if they're available in 357. I'm in my upper 30's - gettin old.

No offense to the geezers - much respect as always.

I just did notice many of them, as the OP said. But the ones I noticed had an old timer attached to it. ;)

I was going to just buy a Handi rifle in 357 to attempt reloading and testing and such. This 'mare's leg' might be fun, too.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Allright, I'll admit, I'm kind of interested in one if they're available in 357. I'm in my upper 30's - gettin old.

I just did notice many of them, as the OP said. But the ones I noticed had an old timer attached to it. ;)

I was going to just buy a Handi rifle in 357 to attempt reloading and testing and such. This 'mare's leg' might be fun, too.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side

My wife has one in .357.......

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    I've wanted one since I was a kid. I idolized Steve McQueen and thought that having a Mare's Leg would be the end all. I may have to get one (God knows that would be cheaper than buying a Mustang fastback like he drove in Bullitt).

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Needs to be a wee bit shorter if you ask me.

Shorten it if you want; it's already a handgun, so there is no minimum length.

It is a legal SBR in the name of a pistol. Think of it more like an AR Pisol with a nice shoulder stock included for no good legal reason.

The geezers got real lucky with this one and I am amazed the ATF allowed it.

Now for them to allow more!

No one got "lucky." The manufacturer carefully read what the ATF considers a rifle, designed a weapon that looks similar but does not meet that definition, sent it to ATF for approval, and got it.
    It's not designed or intended to be fired from the shoulder. You could, but you could do that with a S&W 29 if you really wanted.

Top Bottom