• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    John "Shrek" McPhee (Sheriff of Baghdad) will be in Louisville/Knob Creek 9/8 through 9/11 for training. All his classes are sold out except the recently added pistol class on 9/8, which my wife and I are attending for the second time. But I digress...

I'm looking for ppl who would be interested in attending his NVD class (info at https://gunfighteru.com/classes/west-virginia/). I've emailed him to see how many ppl I'd need to find to get him to add an NVD class during his swing through Knob Creek. Would you be interested? If you don't have your own, he has "some" for class use, which might help you make a better buying decision if you're in the market. This would be an excellent opportunity to learn what works and why from someone with extensive experience.

If you want to take his pistol class: https://gunfighteru.com/classes/kentucky

Last edited:

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Wow, I have heard a lot of good stuff about his classes and really wanted to try one out, but I don't think I can bring myself to pay $375 for a one day class.

I can understand that, and the first time we (me, wife, son, son's wife and 5 other people) took the pistol class it was a little cheaper. BUT... All of our shooting improved, and speaking for myself, my consistency improved more in those 9+ hours than it had since I was a kid in the 70's. My wife's shooting improved even more as she didn't have to "unlearn" as many ingrained bad habits. The lack of rounds fired (probably less than 200) offsets the cost a little. The video critiques that you get in your Dropbox are an excellent refresher whenever you want. Between his "coaching style," experience that allows him to immediately cut to the chase, and the slo-mo video I can't think of a better way to get more bang for my buck.

I have taken his pistol and carbine classes, and neither is "tactical" as commonly defined; transitions between targets, shooting on the move, etc. was about as "tactical" as it got... no need for knee or elbow pads. I'll call it fundamentals because it's much more in depth than "the basics." Lots of neuroscience stuff... conscious vs subconscious... Yeah, I'm a fan...

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I never heard of John McPhee until I read this thread, so when first read the title my brain translated into "John McAfee Pistol Class."

Now THAT would be a heckuva class. There might not be many survivors, but I'll bet it would be fascinating.

Never A Victim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Hamilton County
    I recently read a review where a guy shot around 100 rounds in his two day class. And of those 100 rounds, only 6 rounds were shot on the first day.

I know people will say "its not how many rounds you shoot thats what is important." I agree, but I think only 100 rounds in a two day class is unacceptable. There was also his "explanation" of how muzzling people is just something that happens.

I'm not impressed with the research ive done on him. Not to mention the "Condom" holster he promotes is a joke.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I recently read a review where a guy shot around 100 rounds in his two day class. And of those 100 rounds, only 6 rounds were shot on the first day.

I know people will say "its not how many rounds you shoot thats what is important." I agree, but I think only 100 rounds in a two day class is unacceptable. There was also his "explanation" of how muzzling people is just something that happens.

I'm not impressed with the research ive done on him. Not to mention the "Condom" holster he promotes is a joke.

Two sides to every story...
    Addressing Clark Sparrow's Recent AAR and Defamation Of Character - SOB Tactical

Reviews of that class from other students...
    https://www.sobmanswag.com/blogs/athens-ga

and if you're on facebook...
    AAR From Vehicle Tactics Course Athens GA March 2017 - SOB Tactical

As far as holsters go, they've always been subjective, which applies equally to instructors.

:ingo:

Top Bottom