• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gundoc111

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2014
    Indy
    Agreed. I hate Carmel's low taxes, low crime rate, large business tax base, public recreational facilities, walkable downtown, and smooth-flowing roundabouts. And now a shooting range is being built, practically in the middle of town! Who would want to deal with those horrors every day?

I been here 20 years. LOVE it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    If you had to live with the traffic signals that they replaced, you would probably feel differently. Unless you like waiting for red lights, that is.

Do the drivers in Carmel know how to use the roundabouts properly? Because thus far from my experience, the drivers in Plainfield largely don't - at least, not on the ones on Dan Jones road. (And turn signals? We don't need no stinkin' turn signals.)

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    I believe some towns are stricter than others, but I have noticed a big increase in speed traps all over the last two months. Just an observation.

Jeepsandguns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2013
    Carmel
    Agreed. I hate Carmel's low taxes, low crime rate, large business tax base, public recreational facilities, walkable downtown, and smooth-flowing roundabouts. And now a shooting range is being built, practically in the middle of town! Who would want to deal with those horrors every day?
    Something tells me we'll be just fine without their money as they pass through.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I remember you saying that, but don't remember if you said you contested the tickets.

I looked into it. One was in Louisville when they were having a targeted enforcement zone. A friend who works in the court over there said that the judge NEVER dismisses a ticket. The other was in Lawrence County where my partner who was with the probation department at the time said the same thing about the judge who handles traffic offenses here. In both cases I qualified for the diversion program so rather than fight it and run the very probable risk of losing and having the ticket on my record jacking my insurance, I paid a little extra to guarantee my insurance company didn't hear about it. And that means ticket money gets to stay close to home...

Tidy little bit of highway robbery there.

Now, to be sure, I'm not a saint, I do speed from time to time, but that's not the point. Just because one isn't speeding is no guarantee one will not get a ticket.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    A while back one town complained about how much gas prices increasing was killing their budget. Apparently people drive the speed limit to save gas when gas prices are high, and the town was saying how many millions of dollars per year that was going to cost them. I would drive to work daily and see 3 police cars on each side with someone pulled over. As soon as they released the driver they would pull another over, get to the access strip between the E and W highways and wait for another gong the other way. 6 cars making a few mile circle pulling over a car about every 5 minutes between getting out and writing a ticket. That is about $1500 per car, or $9000 for all 6 per hour profit. I'm sure after the morning work drive traffic slows a bit it may slow down, but even with 3 flashing cars on each side with someone pulled over, people rarely slow down. Yea, it's all about safety.

Top Bottom