• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    I took my dog out earlier tonight. It was a beautiful temperature. Someone was dumping 30 round mags a few blocks over at their back yard range. I stopped the dog from running inside and counted each report as it rolled across the bay and echoed until it faded.

It made me think of freedom. It made me thankful for those who died in battle with someone who was trying with all they had to end their life, or our freedom.

Those people gave their lives and their family suffered something I will never understand for my right to choose religion, marriage, to vote and my shot at the white picked fence.

It's not the 4th of July, it's not Veteran's Day, tomorrow is not Memorial Day. I am thankful just the same. I am pretty jealous of the guy a few blocks away who can have fun doing a mag dump in his back yard at night on his own range complete with flood lights.

I am also eternally thankful to the people who died so that he can do that and so that I can stand in my yard on a warm summer's night and listen to him a few blocks away making the sound of freedom.

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I am shocked the police/sheriffs weren't called. How could he get away with exercising his freedom in today's America?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This reminds me of a favorite Reaganism. He observed that a significant difference between Republicans and Democrats is that to a Republican, every day is the 4th of July and to a Democrat, every day is April 15th (fact notwithstanding that the Republicans do not stand up to this measure, at least not now).

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Every day is Independence Day, if you're really independent. You can't worry too much about those that don't understand; they get what they [strike]want[/strike]deserve.

RegularGuy24

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2014
    Greenfield
    That's why I love where I live...I can shoot everyday if I wanted to...built something in the shop and get my dad and we go blog it up...love the country life

ductape

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    I took my dog out earlier tonight. It was a beautiful temperature. Someone was dumping 30 round mags a few blocks over at their back yard range. I stopped the dog from running inside and counted each report as it rolled across the bay and echoed until it faded.

It made me think of freedom. It made me thankful for those who died in battle with someone who was trying with all they had to end their life, or our freedom.

Those people gave their lives and their family suffered something I will never understand for my right to choose religion, marriage, to vote and my shot at the white picked fence.

It's not the 4th of July, it's not Veteran's Day, tomorrow is not Memorial Day. I am thankful just the same. I am pretty jealous of the guy a few blocks away who can have fun doing a mag dump in his back yard at night on his own range complete with flood lights.

I am also eternally thankful to the people who died so that he can do that and so that I can stand in my yard on a warm summer's night and listen to him a few blocks away making the sound of freedom.

What he said

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees

I am good with this. I feel the same way.

Top Bottom