• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shaynster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Rochester
    This is the 9th knife I made. There are a few little mistakes, but I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out. Tell me what you think. any critiques? I used 1084 steel and blued the blade. Handles are od green canvas micarta.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I am not a knife guy, but I respect craftmanship when I see it. That is a fine blade. (I mean "fine" as in good. I mean, I'm sure the blade is appropriately sharp.)

chato

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2014
    Jeffersonville
    Also, how expensive is it to get into knife making? What tools are needed at min? Is there a good website to go to for beginners? If not too expensive to start up, I would love to try my hand at it.

shaynster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Rochester
    Here is a good forum to read, this and youtube is how I got started. Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers
    It doesn't have to cost a lot to start, basic hand tools, files and sand paper and you're ready to go. A belt grinder makes things much easier though. There is a lot of info on Blade Forums under shop talk. Read the sticky threads.

Shayn

Also, how expensive is it to get into knife making? What tools are needed at min? Is there a good website to go to for beginners? If not too expensive to start up, I would love to try my hand at it.

Top Bottom