• ...and so much more!
  • Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Just found the deal of the week! **PICS INSIDE**

So while I was in Pop's picking up an AR barrel nut removal tool I decided to rummage through the "trash bin" they keep the spare parts in when i came across a Mossberg rear ghost ring sight. Intrigued by this discovery I decided to probe a bit further when I discovered the matching front sight! Amazed by this discovery I asked the clerk how much he wanted and he said..........(wait for it)...............5 BUCKS! I couldn't believe, yes you read it right 5 BUCKS! I quickly dashed home and put the rear sight on. Now here is the dilema, I purchased some JB Weld to put the front sight on. Has anyone ever done this and if so how did it hold up, or should I just find a decent gunsmith to solder it on for me just to be safe? Pics coming soon!

Last edited:

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Last time I went through the bin ,I found a 4" 40mm Leupold sun shade and a Leupold fixed carry handle scope mount. % bucks each. What a deal.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    There are definitely some hidden treasures in those bins sometimes. The JB Weld seemed to take, I checked it this morning with my level and everything seemed A-OK. Can't wait to field test it!

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Pics as promised! I can't wait to take him out for a spin!

Mossy_500.jpg

Mossy_500_ctr.jpg

Mossy_500_rear.jpg

Mossy_500_rearview.jpg

Rear_ghost.jpg

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    So while I was in Pop's picking up an AR barrel nut removal tool I decided to rummage through the "trash bin" they keep the spare parts in when i came across a Mossberg rear ghost ring sight. Intrigued by this discovery I decided to probe a bit further when I discovered the matching front sight! Amazed by this discovery I asked the clerk how much he wanted and he said..........(wait for it)...............5 BUCKS! I couldn't believe, yes you read it right 5 BUCKS! I quickly dashed home and put the rear sight on. Now here is the dilema, I purchased some JB Weld to put the front sight on. Has anyone ever done this and if so how did it hold up, or should I just find a decent gunsmith to solder it on for me just to be safe? Pics coming soon!

I'll give you 40.00 for them

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Nice find. Now check out the Cavalry Arms Extended safety for the mossberg shotys. I prefer it to the stock one when using the pistol grip butt stock.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'll give you 40.00 for them

:): No Deal! I've been looking for these for months and I was even prepared to pay upwards of $80 for them if they ever came in stock. Thus the excitement.

That Cav Arms extended safety is definitely a sweet addition for a tac stock/pistol grip. One more thing for the wish list.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You did a great job, Looks like the gun came with those sites from the factory

Why thank you sir. The real test will be after I throw some shells down the pipe. I plan on field testing it this Wednesday at Wilbur Wright with 40 bird #6 shotshells and 10 slugs for beginners to see how it holds up and hopefully zero it in.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Finally got to take it out to the range and these things are amazing. I was able to get a 2" group at 50 yards using Remington rifled slugs. I put 10 slugs and 30 rounds of 6 shot bird through it and they stayed on so I'm hoping it's good to go!

Top Bottom