• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    " JUST HUNT" 2-miles west of Wabash on Mill Creek Pike. In the corner of the "S"s in the Pike, on west side. Nice, clean, friendly, knowledgable, "will bargain/deal", gun-smithing, new or used sales. Well worth the drive from Peru, Warsaw or Marion. Amazingly clean, and attentive owners. I rate it a 10, worth my drive from Kokomo. I didn't ask, but the younger owner, Stacy, scopes out to be current or part-time LEO. ( Also deal in high-scale archery.) Pat

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    Easy trip:

Hwy 35 over to hwy 13, north towards Wabash, just past a church on the east side, and Mill Creek Pike is well marked. (MAN! there are a LOT of cemeteries along hwy-13!!) "JustHunt" has some DREAM-guns, including nice hand-cannon. I asked about straight cash vs trade-ins on a couple of .22s, and it seems like a resale profit target of $30~50 bucks is what they aim for. .22s seem real popular there. Their competitive attitude will bring LOTS of repeat business from me!! Not as large, nor as many guns as BullEye, but definitely worth a visit. Phil's Guns and Furs in Wabash has closed. Sad to see that.

Hmmm...might have to take the drive from my crapartment up there! Thanks!!

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    *ahem* not worth it *ahem*

Now the one right down the road, Bass and Bucks, Bass And Bucks , is very much worth it.

They are in direct competition.

My experiences at Just Hunt have been that when I ask for something out of the mainstream, they tend to get a little irritated, maybe defensive. Or if I don't like their ammo selection, same thing. I'm particular and I get the idea that they don't feel I should be.

I feel unwelcome there, and I am not the only one to feel this way.

Josh

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    Strange that two shoppers have such divergent attitudes!

"I feel unwelcome there, and I am not the only one to feel this way." Well, so far, you are. I was made to feel quite comfortable, and first off I complimented them in such a nice store. I was shopping lever-action .44 mag or .357 mag to match my Desert Eagle. They had 2 new and 1 used, and let me handle them all, work the actions, etc. I brought no snap-caps so I didn't dry-fire them. I had them look up Marlin Camp-45s for me also, and left my e-mail, just in case. And an AR- pistol upper. Also got 100 rds of .308 Raufoss for $350 + tax. I'll be back for more. Agreed, their selection is smaller than B&B, and it's a new shop. But it will be around a while. I know I'll be there often. Free coffee! Pat.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Well, so far, you are.

Hello,

No, I'm not. In fact, this was the center of a discussion between another, older frequent gunshop visitor/gun buyer and myself. I did not bring the subject up, either.

I did, however, find out I'm not the only one to feel this way.

No offense intended. Just sharing a couple of experiences.

Josh

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    Strictly 'discussion' and not 'argument'

True, we will never read the negative comments that are NOT posted! Also, I share your experience with B&B. VERY knowledgable folk, even the ladies, and they all know how to ask questions that they can answer so as to lead a fella in the direction of becoming a satisfied buyer. But as long as one is in the neighborhood, check out ALL the shops! J-H has prices that are competitive, and will bargain. Plus (I like this) enough acerage that a nice range could be built on it, with proper authorization. ...just sayin'... Pat.
    P.S. I like your signature line.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Hi Pat,

I agree it has potential, and they did have some .380 practice loads (reloads) when everyone else was out.

I think a lot of the rudeness I experienced may have been the result of frustration over competition - they had JUST opened.

They were much better last time I went, but maybe this could be chalked up to personality clashes. I simply do not know.

I agree - check out everything you can in the area.

Josh

Top Bottom