• ...and so much more!
  • jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    IMG_0101.jpg

I'm hoping to end up with one similar to the picture above. I'm a big fan of the new reverse edge techniques that are around and my wife bought me both of the shivworks reverse edge methods DVDs for Christmas. Can't beat that. This is similar to the clinch pick but is a little different. Just in case anyone asks, Paul has talked to Trace Rinaldi (maker of shivworks knives) and SouthNarc himself and was cleared to produce these. There are apparently enough differences they are cool with it. Not to mention they are nearly impossible to find.

I have Cubby working on a custom knife that is similar to the disciple...can't wait to see how it turns out as well. I'll post a review and more pictures when it gets here. Now the waiting begins....

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Update 1:

Paul and I had a little snafu and he made it more right than I could have expected. We talked Friday and Monday afternoon I had a box waiting for me. It will be a bit longer on the actual knife described above so he sent me this. What a stand up guy. He knew I had a FoF class with shivworks coming up and didn't want me "going into battle with a cheap piece of plastic crap."

It's a real steel trainer that appears to be a full knife except heat treating and grinding. It's solid, and the sheath and tek-lok work great. The final blade will have it's own sheath, but will share the tek-lok. Can't recommend this guy enough! It also fits perfectly with the rest of my set-up.

IMGP0510.JPG

IMGP0513.JPG

IMGP0515.JPG

IMGP0505.JPG

IMGP0508.JPG

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Just wanted to throw up a final review. I got the knife about a month ago and have been carrying it ever since. After adding a module of IET from mercop to the reverse edge methods DVDs from shivworks I've decided to carry the knife in the style of the clinch pick (strong hand, reverse edge, tip up) as my normal carry. It can still be drawn with my left hand into a weak hand, reverse edge, tip down, icepick-style) grip just as easily for weapon retention. The first picture in the thread shows exactly what my knife looks like and I now have the trainer with sheath and tek-lok and the live blade with sheath and tek-lok. The knife worked well at both FoF classes and I love it. I've found myself leaving the house every now and then without carrying my gun as long as I have this knife. To be completely honest, if I knew I had to get in a fight on the street I would leave the gun at home and take this since they go to the ground and then I would only have a retention issue on one weapon rather than two.

I'll add one more picture taken by Paul as he held it after slicing some cardboard to check sharpness.

IMG_0004.JPG

The knife is razor sharp and fits the hand really well. Compared to the clinch-pick it's slightly larger which I like actually and the price was more reasonable. Not that the clinch-pick is a bad knife and I respect Craig a lot, but those blades are hard to find and pretty pricey when you do.

I would have no problem recommending Paul Moore to anyone and I will have him make me another large chopper knife (probably his T-Rex) in the future. Feel free to ask any questions about it.

EDIT: When I say in the style of the clinch-pick carry, I mean this (Southnarc, original designer of the clinch pick and that method)
    fksnb7.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom