• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    His remains will arrive at the Danville ILL airport Thursday at 6:00 pm, go through Danville on 136 and be in Covington at 8:00 Any one that can make it to show their respects for the precession along the route would be great.
    God bless you Joshua.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Thanks for posting, I had not been able to read the paper in a couple days. Sorry to hear about the loss of a Marine. Although I am in the Army, I will say, SEMPER FI :patriot:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    usmcflag.gif
    Semper Fi

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Lost too many friends in Iraq to not show what respect I can. I was Army and I know the rivalry between the different branches, but when you get right down to it we're all fighting the same fight and on the same side so Semper Fi, Brother. :patriot::patriot: :crying: :patriot::patriot:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Lost too many friends in Iraq to not show what respect I can. I was Army and I know the rivalry between the different branches, but when you get right down to it we're all fighting the same fight and on the same side so Semper Fi, Brother. :patriot::patriot: :crying: :patriot::patriot:

We all have a job to do. I'm a Coastie, but my best friend is a Marine.

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    Three things:

First, there was talk of a protest group coming in to mess with the services. I believe they have been "talked out of it".

Second, Echo Taps, while lovely, is no longer considered (and never was except one branch) an official rendering of Taps. As a trumpeter who has played literally thousands of military funerals with honors at graveside, I can tell you that Echo Taps is not played any more, and you are asked (if not full military) to play standard taps. In the key of Bb for all service branches except Navy, and in the key of G for the Naval Veterans.

Third, I am reminded of some words I read first many years ago. They go as follows:
    "
    Dear Madam,
    I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle. I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save. I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.
    Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,
    A. Lincoln"

Every family who loses someone in the service of our country should receive such a tremendous expression of our gratitude and our respect. President Lincoln truly was a man with an incredible skill to express...

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    His services will be protested, the Westburo Baptist Church bus is at a hotel in Danville ILl. Right now. Anyone that can make it to his services please come, the best defense against this scum is to flood the area with people and keep them from direct contact with the family.

Top Bottom