• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I know it was wasted on Lugar but I have to make my concerns known regardless. Get in the Ring. It is time to Stand up and be heard, our opponents are.

Mr. Coats,
    In light of the recent horrible tragic shootings, I am worried for the safety of my family. I am a father of five children. My heart goes out to the families of ALL families affected by gun violence. What concerns me the most is that there is a growing number of politicians that want to Ban private firearm ownership. This scares me.
    It would seem that most of the mass shootings that occur are in gun free zones. My thinking is that these Evil Cowards go there knowing that Law Abiding Citizens will not be armed and thus able to protect innocent people.
    Murder is already a crime. Carrying a gun at a school is a crime. By blaming the guns and not the criminals, honest law abiding citizens are viewed as guilty. This could not be farther from the truth. In the Portland shooting this week a licensed CCW holder named Nick Meli saw the shooter and drew his weapon, while never firing a shot the gunman saw him and then shot himself. Mr. Meli may have saved dozens of people. (Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter | kgw.com Portland)
    If there were trained CCW individuals at that school it might not have happened. Please do not take take my Constitutional right to protect my family away from me. Banning guns does not work. Look at Chicago, multiple murders are common. (http://www.wgntv.com/news/wgntv-mur...urder-rate-at-all-time-high-20120930,0,536537) Violence is rampant in England and Australia. Because the Criminals know the honest citizen is unarmed.
    Please look into crime rates in Switzerland where every male Citizen is REQUIRED to have a gun in the home and be trained to use it. (Guns, Crime, and the Swiss - by Stephen P. Halbrook) If Criminals know there could be a firearm on the other side of the door, they are less likely to go in. I do not have the answers to the dilemma of these kind of shootings but I know that making it harder for Honest citizens to own firearms is NOT the answer. Thank you for your time.
    Sincerely,
    Aaron W. Dorsey

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Nice but we should also keep focus on China where mass murders/attacks are committed at schools with knives, including one on the same day as this shooting, which injured 20. This proves the evil actions are a modern cultural problem with the mentally ill, and not related to gun rights.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    Also, the recent mall shooting was at least affected by a CCW person...if not directly stopped.

Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter | kgw.com Portland

In other news...we all need to be sure we're confident enough in our abilities that if we decide a shot needs to be taken without a clear backstop...we can do so.

I gave the CCW owners name and sighted the article. And I agree completely that we need to be proficient with our EDC.

Top Bottom