• Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

1617399962732.png

So the TL;DR is that MAC's scalper SVDs are reeeeeally Russian-looking. Like, holy grail of cloning. So good that people are starting to wonder if maybe these are just Russian SVDs or guns built almost entirely with Russian parts that have been sanitized for import to the US to get around the embargo on Russian goodies.

I am nowhere near enough of an AK/SVD person to say for sure either way, but people are talking. Our least favorite scalper may be getting a knock from the ATF. :abused:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    You should see what companies are allowed to do to get around the tariffs with China. It's ridiculous.

I have no dog in the hunt with whatever is going on with that entire deal, but more real Russian SVDs = Mo Better, IMO. I just hope all of the buyers don't get in trouble.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    You should see what companies are allowed to do to get around the tariffs with China. It's ridiculous.

I have no dog in the hunt with whatever is going on with that entire deal, but more real Russian SVDs = Mo Better, IMO. I just hope all of the buyers don't get in trouble.
    I have to balance my approval of based people sneaking forbidden guns into the country against my enjoyment of watching MAC's little scalper deal possibly blow up in his face.

Again, I have no idea if any of this is actually true. Perhaps the Hungarians just build very, very good SVDs.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I have to balance my approval of based people sneaking forbidden guns into the country against my enjoyment of watching MAC's little scalper deal possibly blow up in his face.

Again, I have no idea if any of this is actually true. Perhaps the Hungarians just build very, very good SVDs.

hello.gif

Reactions: Ark

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I bet if you told the government that you would take in 25 illegals from the southern border they would allow you to keep your might be a Hungarian SVD.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I bet if you told the government that you would take in 25 illegals from the southern border they would allow you to keep your might be a Hungarian SVD.

How long do I have to keep them..?

Will they just give me an SVD if I do? Now this is the type of immigration reform bill we should be talking about!

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    tenor.gif

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    How is this different from the "Chinese" Albanian SKSs that came in years back?
    Age for one. Those SKSs had well documented usage in Albania since the 1960s. If the SVDs were older production and it could be proven they'd been in a 3rd party country for a certain minimum period of time, then they'd be eligible for importation. However, since it appears that these appear to be newish Russian production, then that is a problem.

Top Bottom