• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    OK, I want a Kahr PM. I shot the PM 9 at the range the other day and have no problem hitting the target offhand at 25 yards. I love the trigger. Has anyone shot both the PM 9 and the PM 40 side by side?

How much difference is there in the recoil?

I do not own a 9mm. I have .45 1911, a .40 24/7, a .357 Glock, a .357 SW686, etc.

I love the trigger and the ease of shooting the PM 9. It also fits in my pocket. I intend for this gun to be my everyday carry gun. I currently carry a .32 NAA daily or something bigger if I think I may need something other than a rock to throw at someone.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I have owned a PM40, shot the PM45 (my dads) and I currently own the P380,, I know it is not a PM9 but the .40 is snappy for sure and the PM9 is only 3/8" or so longer than a P380 in length,

oh yeah, I owned a CW9 which I loved

Last edited:

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I own and carry a PM45, and I've shot a CW40 quite a few times. Since you love the trigger, I'm guessung you have a lot of time behind your 686? I've never been a revolver guy, but my PM45 trigger reminds me of a well tuned revolver... took a little training... anyways..

IMO, the CW40's recoil was less pleasent than the PM45, but neither were "bad" enough for me not to enjoy firing it. If you ask me (which you kinda did :):), those little KelTec .380 are way more unpleasant to shoot.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Yeah, .380's are out. I never found one I enjoy shooting. I am leaning toward the PM 9 because I think it will be more pleasant to shoot.

rnungester

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I have the cw .40, I love the way it shoots. Not to much recoil, but a lot of sounds to it. I have shot the 9 and the 40, I would base my opinion on which gun I could get cheaper. Both guns are A+

Billcurtis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Pike County
    OK, I want a Kahr PM. I shot the PM 9 at the range the other day and have no problem hitting the target offhand at 25 yards. I love the trigger. Has anyone shot both the PM 9 and the PM 40 side by side?

How much difference is there in the recoil?

I do not own a 9mm. I have .45 1911, a .40 24/7, a .357 Glock, a .357 SW686, etc.

I love the trigger and the ease of shooting the PM 9. It also fits in my pocket. I intend for this gun to be my everyday carry gun. I currently carry a .32 NAA daily or something bigger if I think I may need something other than a rock to throw at someone.

My everyday carry is a CW40 Kahr, and the recoil is not bad. I like the trigger, and hitting targets at 25 yards is no problem. I think all models of the Kahr pistols are good very well made, and if you shoot a 40 ok, bigger is better on the recieving end.
    Bill...

mpluers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    I've had both a PM9 and PM40, and I kept the PM9. My reason for keeping the 9 and not the 40 is a pretty simple one: I enjoy running a significant # of rounds through all of my pistols, and the fun runs out of the 40 at the range a lot faster than the 9. 20 rounds, no problem, but 50 got tiring in a hurry. If it were strictly CC and occasional practice, then I wouldn't hesitate to go with the 40. I don't think you can go wrong either way - great pistols.

jtull01

Plinker
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    NWI
    Just had my PM9 out to the range. Ran about 100 rounds through it. 200 before it is completely broken in according to Kahr. It is a grab shooter, and I prefer the 6 round mag for my smaller hand. No crack and ram for these petite guns. The trigger is a joy a real feel of double action, and you can early learn where the trip point of the trigger is.
    Once tried and 100% true it will be my daily carry.
    I bought the DeSantis Superfly holster. I use the flap in dress paints and without the flap in jeans.
    I now this thread is older, but it may help someone who is researching the PM9.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    I bought a P40 a couple months back and the recoil was soo bad I returned it, there is NO chance in hell I would try a pm40. I own two pm9's though and love them both. Im telling you this because I am not recoil sensitive at all but within 20 rounds the p40 had managed to cause a blister on my hands believe it or not. Ive shot everything in a rifle from 300 mag on down and in a pistol .44 mag revolvers on down that were less of a snap of the p40. YMMV. I even carry a p2000sk in .40 that I love and have several uspc's both .40 and .45.

I would go pm9 if I were you.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I have owned and shot both. There is a definite difference to me. I didn't like the 40 as a carry gun because of the recoil. The 9 I still own and carry.

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have owned a PM40 for about 5-6 years, shot maybe 500 rounds thru it. Gun functions fine. I like the size, weight , looks, and feel of the gun. I own several 9mm guns and the PM40 has a much sharper recoil than any 9mm I own.

Top Bottom