• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    INGO brought you an exclusive on the Red Jacket Katana and now another maker, this time in Alabama (Jenny), MHTDefense, has picked up where the television lights and drama llamas have left off.

If you are seeking a handy, lightweight carbine, a Katana is something to consider. And if you are the sort that likes to hang the Brownell's catalog on your AR, there will be different "options" for your Katana (no doubt rail farms, sigh, rails for miles and miles) will be available.

Here is the e-mail I received:

We're proud to announce that MHT Defense is the new company that will be building the Katana carbines. There are going to be several changes, with options available.
    The main difference is that these guys will be working on every piece that goes into the rifle; it's not going to be just a bunch of parts that are assembled.

We'll be releasing all the details on the components soon.

The good news is that MHT is actually machining the uppers and lowers for the Katana. The lowers are in production now, and in about a month will be ready for sale, so even if you don't need a complete rifle you can buy a Shootrite lower for other projects. Here is a picture of a group prior to anodizing.

If you would like to get on the list to purchase a lower contact MHT @
    http://mhtdefense.com/ The webpage is still under construction, and will soon have pictures of a completed Katana. Their email is on this page.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    TF, don't know. I hope it is as I enjoy my Katanas very much.

My guess: the original Katana for guys like me and a Bubba verision for those that wish to dip it in the Brownell's catalogue. Heck, it will probably have The Exploder back on it (as that is what the market demands).

Top Bottom