• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I liked this video. I think it is important to practice this kind of stuff.

I also think its important to point out that this guy is a high-level grappler and grappling skills are the basis for what he is doing. If you have grappling skills you will feel comfortable in these positions. You will understand them. Fundamental grappling skills are what gives a person the sensitivity, timing, and positional awareness to pull this stuff off consistently with live resistance.

This is not a small part of the skill set and those skills are not easily obtained for most people without consistent practice.

If you're going to hit arm drags, one-hand guillotine chokes, and trips with a high level of consistency and effectiveness, you probably need to be putting in time on the mats.

Just my thoughts.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    This topic must not be interesting to anyone else. The self defense with a garrot thread is 9 pages but no one had any thoughts about retaining their pistol.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I liked this video. I think it is important to practice this kind of stuff.

I also think its important to point out that this guy is a high-level grappler and grappling skills are the basis for what he is doing. If you have grappling skills you will feel comfortable in these positions. You will understand them. Fundamental grappling skills are what gives a person the sensitivity, timing, and positional awareness to pull this stuff off consistently with live resistance.

This is not a small part of the skill set and those skills are not easily obtained for most people without consistent practice.

If you're going to hit arm drags, one-hand guillotine chokes, and trips with a high level of consistency and effectiveness, you probably need to be putting in time on the mats.

Just my thoughts.
    I don't need grappling skills. That's why I carry a gun.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    This topic must not be interesting to anyone else. The self defense with a garrot thread is 9 pages but no one had any thoughts about retaining their pistol.

I tried to watch it. After nearly 5 minutes of just BS-ing around I gave up. I'm sure there's some good info in there, but I'm not watching the filler.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Most are too old or crippled or whatever to fight. So they'll "just have to shoot 'em."

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I tried to watch it. After nearly 5 minutes of just BS-ing around I gave up. I'm sure there's some good info in there, but I'm not watching the filler.
    Skip past the talk about duty belts and whatnot. The rest of it is pretty solid. If you practice BJJ you will see a lot of overlap with frames, arm drags, grip breaks, etc.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Perhaps on point, domestic violence victim was disarmed as she attempted to pocket draw while in an enclosed space fight. Luckily the result was just a pistol whipping followed by the aggressor stripping out the magazine and tossing the gun before leaving. Lack of desire was the only reason it wasn't a Murder.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Perhaps on point, domestic violence victim was disarmed as she attempted to pocket draw while in an enclosed space fight. Luckily the result was just a pistol whipping followed by the aggressor stripping out the magazine and tossing the gun before leaving. Lack of desire was the only reason it wasn't a Murder.
    Lesser physical ability requires greater skill. Im at Jiu Jitsu tonight working on my grappling skills.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Micky Schuch's voice can be annoying. On one of his podcasts, he once made mention of someone telling him he had an annoying Dan Akroyd voice. And now I cannot un-hear it.

That said - Micky is a pretty solid dude. He's probably not in the top tier of known SD trainers in the country - but he rubs shoulders and knows all those guys. He regularly has "them" on his podcast series; as well as taking classes from them so he himself can learn.

He was in Terre Haute for a shooting class not all that long ago. May have been 2 years ago now? I found out about him and the class after it was over, unfortunately.

I suggest browsing through his YT videos as well as looking up his Higher Line podcast.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Micky Schuch's voice can be annoying. On one of his podcasts, he once made mention of someone telling him he had an annoying Dan Akroyd voice. And now I cannot un-hear it.

That said - Micky is a pretty solid dude. He's probably not in the top tier of known SD trainers in the country - but he rubs shoulders and knows all those guys. He regularly has "them" on his podcast series; as well as taking classes from them so he himself can learn.

He was in Terre Haute for a shooting class not all that long ago. May have been 2 years ago now? I found out about him and the class after it was over, unfortunately.

I suggest browsing through his YT videos as well as looking up his Higher Line podcast.
    I like Micky. I have been in a couple of classes with him before. I pretty much cant watch his content though.

Top Bottom