• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benkrebs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Just picked up a P11 and have been looking around for a good holster...Went into Premier Firearms and while the guy was friendly, they didn't have any model specific holsters. Went into Fort Liberty the next day and they had a good looking Fobus holster for $25...I have heard of Fobus and know they have a good reputation but I don't know if it is the best for concealed carrying, which is what I plan on doing. If anyone has any suggestions for a holster or other accessories for the P11 it would be most appreciated! :yesway:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I had a P11 for a long time, let me make it very simple for you.

Holster go with a Kholster Half Moon IWB holster, most comfortable well hidden holster made.

Also get the pinky extensions from Kel Tec, they make the gun feel so much better while shooting.

And finish it all off with a Hogue Handall Jr grip.

Also there is a wealth of knowledge on the P11 at KTOG.Org - Kel-Tec Owners Group

That is a website devoted to getting the best out of your P11 right down to being able to find he best lightest recoiling ammo for it. PS its the Hornady Critical Defense. Golden Sabers are good, but in that gun, you really want the lightest recoiling round and that is the Hornady Critical Defense.

I also found that painting the front sight was a huge help, because lets face it, the sights on that gun are not the best. And be sure to give it a good cleaning and for the love of the lord give it a good oiling with CLP so it doesn't rust on you when you sweat in the summer.

And as my final bit of advice, trade it in on a Ruger SR9c. That's prolly the best advice you can be given.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    you want to give these 2 a look depending on if you want pocket carry or IWB. DeSantis Nemesis Pocket Holster Ambidextrous Glock 26, 27 Kel-Tec P11, P40, S&W M&P 9C/40C, Taurus 709 Slim Nylon Black - MidwayUSA or DeSantis Tuck-This 2 Inside the Waistband Holster Right Hand Ruger LC9, 1911 Officer, Defender Kahr K9, K40, P9, P40, MK9, MK40 Kel-Tec P11, P40 Nylon Black - MidwayUSA. I have both but never warmed up to carry my P11. Both are good holster and now I use them to carry my LC9, (that's the nice thing about them, they fit a few different makes)

Another one to check out and it's quickly becoming my favorite IWB holster is from HOME - Holster Kings. I have both the large, (which you'd want for a P11) and they small which is a good fit for an LCP . It's one of the most comfortable holsters I have, it conceals well and fits everything from a small frame compact up to a full size frame.

I strongly suggests you pick up a trigger shoe. Kel-Tec CNC - PF-9 Accessories, P-11 Accessories - Trigger Shoe It add a bit of width to the trigger making it much easier to pull, (still bad but much better). It's easy to install but a pain it keep on. It's held in place by 2 very small set screws that have to be torqued down hard or it will fall off after firing a few rounds.

If you plan on picking up a few S&W 59 15 round mags then you would want to get the mag extension Kel-Tec CNC - P-11 Accessories - P-11 S&W59 15 rd mag extension

The other thing I picked up was a Houge Handall grip sleeve. You have to trim the bottom to fit but it's make the grip so much better and slightly lessen the perceived recoil. It's still a wrist beater just not quite as bad of one.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I carried my P11 in a Split Decision by High Noon Holsters.

Leather, right good quality, IWB, "tuckable" should you desire, and inexpensive for what you got.

They don't have a reinforced mouth, however, so no one-handed reholstering should you need it. They're also not boned specifically to your pistol. BUT, a few weeks of wearing it IWB, the pressure from your belt, the body heat, and body humidity end up "molding" the holster to the gun anyhow.

I had one of the above for my P11, my Beretta 9000, Kahr CW-40, and now one for my J-frame revolver.

A buddy also bought one for his Walther P22 and another for his XD-45. He likes them as well.

I personally wouldn't recommend one for a full-sized pistol like the XD-45, though. The .40 and 9mm sub compacts: yes.

-J-

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I've got a P-11, and right now I'm carrying in a cheap iwb holster, but have my eye on a Desantis Tuck , my local gunstore has them for about $25, good luck, I hope you'll love your Kel-Tec as much as I love mine...Pay no attention to the LC9 fans, they paid twice as much for half the rounds!!!!

benkrebs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions fellas. Sadclown, I heard about the Hogue grip but I have heard that it is a bit tacky and could possibly make it difficult to draw the pistol in a situation in which speed is essential. Any thoughts about that?

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Thanks for all the suggestions fellas. Sadclown, I heard about the Hogue grip but I have heard that it is a bit tacky and could possibly make it difficult to draw the pistol in a situation in which speed is essential. Any thoughts about that?

I have no idea what you are taking about... I never found a problem quickly getting the p11 from my Kholster out. this is the first I am hearing of this. I practiced with my P11 a ton, and could go from holster to 2 rounds off and back to holster in 2.6 seconds. Never ever had a problem because of the grip.

Honest to god though, the tightness of your belt on an IWB holster has more to do with the drawing speed of that pistol than anything else.

But trust me get a Ruger SR9c. the P11 is just to small to make a shot when real accuracy matters.

benkrebs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I have no idea what you are taking about... I never found a problem quickly getting the p11 from my Kholster out. this is the first I am hearing of this. I practiced with my P11 a ton, and could go from holster to 2 rounds off and back to holster in 2.6 seconds. Never ever had a problem because of the grip.

But trust me get a Ruger SR9c. the P11 is just to small to make a shot when real accuracy matters.
    The guy I bought the pistol from said he used the Hogue, but the guy at the gunstore had the opposite opinion. I planned on buying one to try anyway since they are like $9...Also, I have a buddy who has an SR9c, SUPER nice gun. But I'm extremely broke at the moment so it'll have to wait.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    The guy I bought the pistol from said he used the Hogue, but the guy at the gunstore had the opposite opinion. I planned on buying one to try anyway since they are like $9...Also, I have a buddy who has an SR9c, SUPER nice gun. But I'm extremely broke at the moment so it'll have to wait.

well the good news is the p11 retains most of its value and when you are ready to sell it, you will get about 250-280 for it, which will be a good chunk of change when you go to get something better.

benkrebs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yeah. I'm in ROTC, so maybe I'll upgrade to something better once the stipend money starts coming when I go back to school. Who knows? Only disadvantage is that if I buy it during the school year I can't fondle and love it since I'm not allowed one on campus :(

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Yeah. I'm in ROTC, so maybe I'll upgrade to something better once the stipend money starts coming when I go back to school. Who knows? Only disadvantage is that if I buy it during the school year I can't fondle and love it since I'm not allowed one on campus :(

Lies, you just can't get caught with one on campus, you know those kids at Virginia Tech were not allowed to have guns either. Look how that turned out.

benkrebs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Lies, you just can't get caught with one on campus, you know those kids at Virginia Tech were not allowed to have guns either. Look how that turned out.
    Very true. It's fine though, once I'm out of the dorms I'll keep all of them on campus. Just can't legally carry them...yet. There is a groups forming on campus to get CC'ing legalized by the admins.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Very true. It's fine though, once I'm out of the dorms I'll keep all of them on campus. Just can't legally carry them...yet. There is a groups forming on campus to get CC'ing legalized by the admins.

if you have your permit it is legal to carry there. you might get expelled for it, but its 100% legal

goldsmithr3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    P-11 holster

You might try Don Hume. Everything is on their website. I've tried an IWB with double snap straps that is comfortable and easy to conceal either strong side or cross draw, as it is vertical. Great quality, especialy for the price.

Another possibility is Wild Bill's Leather. They make a leather tuckable IWB similar to the ARG which is quite comfortable; you literally hardly know it's there . Retention is good with either of these as they are boned to the specific weapon.

Good luck,

Take care.

Top Bottom