• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Subystomper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Indianapolis SS
    Any one have one yet? I used to have some of the Grendel P 30's and they worked preetty good most of the time and I have had a few different Kel Tecs that worked with no problems. Not vary many have made a 22 Mag semi auto and I wonder how they do? Thanks, John

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Any one have one yet? I used to have some of the Grendel P 30's and they worked preetty good most of the time and I have had a few different Kel Tecs that worked with no problems. Not vary many have made a 22 Mag semi auto and I wonder how they do? Thanks, John

I got one of the first PMR30s that hit Fort Wayne about 7 months ago. Fired and fed flawlessly until about 3 weeks ago. The trigger would click but the internal hammer wouldn't drop. I called Kec-Tec and when they ran my serial number, they said to ship it back. 3 weeks later I got it back. They replaced the slide, worked on the chamber, polished the feed ramp and replaced all the components in the lower unit. They also stated they fit and polished the new parts in the lower. They fired 90 test rounds and shipped it back.

I understand that there were some issues with the first production units, but all the newer pistols are fine. I haven't taken it out to test fire it yet, but looking forward to squeezing off some rounds soon. The pistol is very loud and shoots fireballs out the muzzle. I have also gotten a little unburnt powder blown back in my face, but nothing serious. The sights are great and the trigger is crisp, light and smooth. The pistol is light and fits well in my Fobus FN Five-Seven holster.

Subystomper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Indianapolis SS
    I watched some of the Utube videos and it looks a lot like the Grendel p-30 and jammed several times like the Grendel. Let me know if ya shoot it and it still has the same problems? Thanks, John

Farslayer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    I really want one and was going to get one but all the functional issues I've read about has made me hesitant. I think I'm going to wait a year or so to see if Kel-tec can iron out the bugs.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I really want one and was going to get one but all the functional issues I've read about has made me hesitant. I think I'm going to wait a year or so to see if Kel-tec can iron out the bugs.
    The bugs are already ironed out with the new ones.

Farslayer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    The bugs are already ironed out with the new ones.

Perhaps. I've still read of some problems here and there with the new ones and repaired ones. I will still probably get one eventually though. Still in wait-and-see mode for now.

Top Bottom