• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gibson90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    I was at Bradis early today and someone had ordered a PMR30 that came in and a couple guys wanted to see it due to it being a "hard one to find." Does anyone own one. What is so special about this gun. I'm still new to handguns but noticed it was a 22WMR.... is that the special draw that this gun has. I wasn't really a fan of Kel Tec until trying out the 9mm Sub2000 rifle and now I'm willing to give tehm another look.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    What is so special about this gun. I'm still new to handguns but noticed it was a 22WMR.... is that the special draw that this gun has.

30 round capacity was the allure for me. They are having "teething pains," as do many new designs. Mine blew up on me while firing it, Keltec fixed it for me and it's been fine ever since. Now, they are having a keyhole problem (which mine doesn't do) and are exchanging barrels. I wouldn't recommend a PMR-30 as a persons ONLY handgun, but mine gives me a big grin every time I shoot it.... that's its muzzle flash in my avatar.

<---------

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    The interesting part of this pistol is the 30 round magazine in .22 WMR. I have a early 1990's Grendel P-30 also in .22WMR and was discontinued as the pistol had over 10 round magazines as the assault weapons ban went into effect. Just a toy to have.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    i'm getting one before they ban them again. Also looking at kt sub 2k - glock style mags - so I can pick up the 33 round mags for it. Looking for hi capacity stuff, but still affordable.

I'm on budsgunshop waiting list for a pmr for $299. If i can get one for less than $315 out the door - that's a deal.

BulkAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    I've never heard of any ban.

It doesn't sound like there are going to be many available in the coming months. The key holing is a huge issue. Sounds like they are going to have to retro fit some of the existing PMRs out there.

It's unfortunate I was looking forward to picking one up this year.

latham17

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    indy
    I love my pmr-30. I was having accuracy problems but got the new barrel in today. The mags are a pain to load but a blast to unload!

Top Bottom