• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Usually the smaller the gun is, the harder it is to rack the slide since it needs a more powerful spring in a smaller space.

Maybe a larger hand gun around the Glock 19 size would be easier for her to use? It can be easier to get a good grip on the slide of a larger gun.

Also, using a technique where you grip the slide with the heel of your palm and fingers can make it easier to pull the slide. As opposed to the pinch-and-pull. I just hit youtube and found this demo of it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLViENHQkbk&feature=youtu.be&t=1m55s

I don't remember the Bodyguard or P3AT to be easier to rack than the PF9. YMMV.

Last edited:

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I have owned a kelTec P3AT and a Ruger LCP. When shopping for a new 380, I looked at the Bodyguard and the LCP. I felt the Bodyguard sat deeper in my hand, but was more difficult to rack / clear a malfunction than the LCP.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I agree with Leftsock. That method of working the slide has helped many people. I would have her try it out and practice with it. She will probably be surprised. Good luck.

mpholic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Good choice on changing your wife's daily carry to a revolver. My wife is very small and never got the hang of racking a slide regardless of which method see used.

I ended up buying her an LCR (.38spl). We were very impressed by it.

Top Bottom