• bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I know they're a couple/three weeks ago, but:
    1) Anybody taking preorders?
    2) Anybody closer to Evansville a dealer?
    3) Other info. I should know?

Was going to go with Octane 9, but after reading all the good stuff about Huntertown Arms, think I'd rather wait a few for Kestrel 9.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I know they're a couple/three weeks ago, but:
    1) Anybody taking preorders?
    2) Anybody closer to Evansville a dealer?
    3) Other info. I should know?

Was going to go with Octane 9, but after reading all the good stuff about Huntertown Arms, think I'd rather wait a few for Kestrel 9.

How much dB is reduced on a 9mm?

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    How much dB is reduced on a 9mm?

Enough for it to be hearing safe. Don't get wrapped up with numbers. They vary wildly depending on ammunition type, atmospheric conditions, testing equipment and other factors. The point of a can is to protect your hearing, it does that. You'll never be able to tell the difference between it and anything else in the same size range costing much, much more.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Enough for it to be hearing safe. Don't get wrapped up with numbers. They vary wildly depending on ammunition type, atmospheric conditions, testing equipment and other factors. The point of a can is to protect your hearing, it does that. You'll never be able to tell the difference between it and anything else in the same size range costing much, much more.

Understood, since this will go on a AR - SBR, w/8" barrel, the sound will be a little closer than a pistol at full arms length

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    There you go dropping fact bombs all over the place...

Top Bottom