• ...and so much more!
  • Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    Who's got one?

What can you say about it? I know in general everyone loves Kifaru bombproofity-ness. I'm looking for a travel pack in the 2,000 cu in or less category. Also interested in Mystery Ranch 3 day assault.

I want something that can be dragged behind an SUV and be fine :)

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    It's not in the size you requested, but I have a Mystery Ranch Big Horn 3000 cu. in.for hunting out west, and is worth more than they are charging. It's a real load warrior, and fits well, has a very adjustable hip and shoulder system, and an iternal frame that handles a load if your hauling out elk quarters.

I also have a smaller pack, the CamelBak HAWG, 1500 cu. in., perfect for day trips or hunting gear. Mine is 6 or 7 years old and still works like new.

Hit the Backpacker section of www.24hourcampfire, it's full of gear reviews you will enjoy reading.

See you out there!

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    kifaru makes some killer kit. i rocked one over in iraq and it was very nice. probably the second best pack i have ever owned. however based on your list mystery ranch is where its at imo. i have had and still have multiple packs from them. i sold my kifaru off and bought mystery ranch. they just fit better and are made a bit better for carrying any weight (this is all my opinion) i carried my mystery ranch 3 day assault pack all over afghanistan w/ no problems. i have beaten the hell out of them and they just keep coming back for more.

your on the right track for sure and its definitely hard to choose because there is no store to go try them both on and compare. i have done it and i swear by mystery ranch. but you can't go wrong with either. they are probably the 2 best packs made, though eberlestock is up there with them. also very good packs and usually a bit cheaper and water proof.

Top Bottom