• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    Comment on news article regarding stabbing in Plainfield yesterday...

"This may seem shocking, but really we should not be at all surprised.
    Background checks prior to knife purchases.
    Waiting periods for knife purchases.
    Training requirements for knives
    Licensing requirements for knives.
    Fingerprinting of knife owners.
    Knife registration.
    Closing down the knife show loophole.
    Indiana has absolutely none of the "common sense" laws on the books!
    As it is today, just about anybody can walk into a store, plunk down some cash and walk out with a knife. I was at
    Lowe's over the weekend and there were shelves loaded with knives... and right at eye level too.
    Some folks here in Indiana literally have drawers in their kitchens filled with these deadly instruments of death.
    Often, these drawers are not even locked! It's just nuts!
    Worse yet, we live in a society that seems to glorify knives. Just last night I was flipping through the channels
    and there was a show called “Iron Chef” where folks were showing off; spinning knives and chopping rapidly... all
    set to dramatic music! On another channel, some guy named "Norm" on "This Old House" was demonstrating the best way
    to “sharpen an edge” on a knife.
    Mind you, this was in prime time when children are very likely to be watching!
    Given that people seem incapable of controlling themselves with knives, perhaps it is best we ban knives
    altogether. Only the police and military should have knives. If a citizen finds himself in a situation where he
    needs to use a knife, then he can simply call the authorities out and wait for the authorities to arrive and take
    care of it."

Oh my gosh! And to think I carry one of these deadly weapons in my pocket! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I work at a paper recycling plant and if you've ever had a paper cut well, those things can kill to. Paper should be outlawed as well.

Top Bottom