• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freeclimber57

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    anyone have any opinions on kimber mags? my kimber mag has malfunctioned 2x and another look alike mag did the same. they are flush 7 rounders. but my wilson combat 8 round mag is flawless. all using same ammo. any experiences?

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I've got 5 Kimber mags and have never had a problem - have about 100 rounds through each of them. I have the flush 7 round mag that came with my Kimber and 4 KimPro Tac mags (flush as well). Knock on wood, I haven't had the slightest hiccup from any of them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Walled Lake, MI
    I never had any problems with my Kimber mags. It might need cleaning If it is your carry gun I would get Wilson Combat mags. What Kimber is it?
    Is it a 3" barrel? 3" 1911's do have cycling problems due to limp wristing. Just be aware of it you may not even know your doing it.

sonofadoublegun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    NW - near Munster
    anyone have any opinions on kimber mags? my kimber mag has malfunctioned 2x and another look alike mag did the same. they are flush 7 rounders. but my wilson combat 8 round mag is flawless. all using same ammo. any experiences?

Same as you - nothing but problems with my Kimber mags... I switched to WC mags, and presto! no more problems.

SODG

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    The old Kimber mags were notorious for problems, I still dont use them since I have so many 47Ds.

Im hearing that the newer mags and the KimPro mags are GTG.... but I havent bought a new Kimber since the series II pistols have come out... 2001/2002? So... I have 0 expierence with them.

X ring

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Feeding problems with the factory mag for my Pro Carry, no problems with the Wilson combat magazines though.

freeclimber57

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    its a full size custom carry 2 with crimson trace grips. and i shoot all of hand guns. my small son has trouble with stove piping sometimes, but no limp wrist here dude.make my living with my hands. after hearing everyones responses and my own experiences, i would say it is wilson combat mags all the way. ammo is good and never malfunctioned out of the wc. thanks for all opinions

Top Bottom