• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • midget96

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Avoca
    Looking to get either 9mm Kimber or Sig any thoughts. Not wanting a Ford vs. Chevy discussion just good information please !!! Looking to carry this gun. Thanks

totenkopf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    While I greatly admire handguns, I don't think you would be disappointed with a Sig P-225, P-226, P-228 or one of Sig's other offerings. I own several Sig pistols, and if you'd like, I'd be happy to answer any questions I can that you might have about the Sig family, based on my positive experiences with their products. Just a few thoughts: the P-225/P-6 is a single stack 9mm, and conceals nicely. For a full size, the 226 is hard to beat, although I prefer my .45 P-220 to the 9mm of the 226. The 228, is similar to the 225/P-6, but accepts the double stack magazines, so you can carry more rounds.

If you decide to hunt for a Sig 9mm, I'd highly reccomend a CPO or law enforcement trade in instead of a brand new gun (going this route, I managed to score a like new condition P-229 in .40 for about a third less than what they retail for new).

rlidgard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    NWI
    ive owned a sig p226. and i have a kimber in 45. they r two totally different guns. i recommend shooting both if u can. i carry my kimber. and i personally like the kimber better as far as its thinner and i like the 1911 trigger style better. but thats just my opinion. and both nice guns

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Gotta narrow it down. What do YOU prefer? These questions invariably end with the asker going to a gunshop and having a fondle session and getting the one THEY want, thus an exercise in futility in answering a vague question as such.

Come back with a question like: "Kimber Custom vs. Sig 1911" or some such...

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I am assuming your talking 1911 platform? Sig 1911 are nice, the only thing I don't like is the top of the slide, the way it's more squared off and it looks like it is wider at the muzzle? Never really checked that. Kimbers are good I have one in .45, if you want a 9MM 1911, I really like my EMP.

totenkopf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Looking to get either 9mm Kimber or Sig any thoughts. Not wanting a Ford vs. Chevy discussion just good information please !!! Looking to carry this gun. Thanks

Hey, I got your PM but my post count isn't high enough yet to respond directly to your PMs or leave you a visitor message. Check on gunbroker seller TTP, he's where I got my CPO P-229 in .40 SW. When I set up my account, I allowed for the option for members to contact me via email, so if you want me to email you a link to some of his stuff I will. Right now he's got a nice looking CPO P-229 in .40SW with the DAK (Double Action Kellerman) trigger, as well as a couple of other Sigs. Not sure if those are trade in or CPO though.

Top Bottom