• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jon159753

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Avon, IN
    So it is at the top of my really want list and I have never even held one. I am wondering if anyone in Indy or just West of has one. If so can I see, hold, shoot, buy it..? Please. I will go to whatever range you want. I am a member at mcfg. I will let you go round for round with my colt commander.

If no one has one does anyone know of a store that has one in stock (haha) or just keeps one for display? Reply want to see it before I spend 800 on it.

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    Last I looked a few weekends ago, Daves Gunshop in Holland had one. Price was $680.
    They are a nice gun, you can feel the quality. No slop to it per the normal Kimber quality.
    Only thing that kind of set me back from owning one, is I read they were built factory load specific.
    I don't know if this is true or not, I read it out of the NRA mag.

Ft Sackville guns in Vincennes has 8 of them on order. 4 sold already of the 8, none in stock.
    Orville told me today as I was buying a Rock Island compact from him, he'd already sold several, prior to ordering 8 of them. Says they're hard to keep in stock.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I have one and am still evaluating it.

I frequently hit up Eagle Creek Pistol Range on the weekends. I won't be there today though, but maybe next weekend.

If I decide to go, I'll PM you. If you're able to be there, you're more than welcome to put a couple of magazines through the Solo.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Midwest in Mish had one in the case last time I was there, maybe call around and see if someone is renting one?

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I was looking at them and then I noticed the the Kahr PM9 is lighter, thinner, shorter, and just .10" taller than a solo. So at the same price point, even a little cheaper, I am carrying a PM9.
    The new CM9 is the same size and over $200 cheaper.
    Unless you just gotta have a Kimber, I think the Kahr is a better deal.

If you ARE set on a Solo...
    I did see ONE Solo for sale at the last 1500.
    You may luck into one next weekend.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Keep in mind that the gun was designed and built to shoot "premium SD ammo"...124gr Nd up stuff.

The normal 115gr range ammo might give you fits. This would probably be a deal-breaker for me as I like to shoot a carry gun often to practice with it; and dropping that much coin on pricy SD ammo just to break-in / evaluate a pistol would be cost prohibitive.

BUT, I've read 1 or 2 reports of folks' Solos who've digested 115gr range ammo just fine.

Just more fodder for your decision making!

-J-

Seven High

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Midwest Guns in Elkhart has one for rent. $10.00 per hour. I fired it with range ammo. It ran just fine. It did punch a hole in my left hand thumb. I bought a Kahr CM9.

SlowPlay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Lafayette
    the one I shot had a great feel,nice and solid. Small,for sure,but that was the design. Ran just a few rds of about everything (including some junk) thru it. It did'n't seem to care.

gunduffer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    SE INDY
    The Solo SA is better looking and probably more accurate than a Kahr pm9 DA. For CC though, I'd prefer the PM9 with crimson trace. Its too much money for me though, and I settle for the Summer CC of TCP 738 .380 and the KT PF9 for colder weather.

Top Bottom