• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kschnell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    I am considering buying a Kimber Ultra+ CDP II but have not shot one. It seems like a lot of power out of a little frame. For those who own one, how does it handle? I currently carry a Glock 27. Any similarities when shooting?

Zombieman34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wells, Co
    I purchased Kimber Ultra Raptor II in .45 about 6 months ago it does have some kick but i believe it is very managable. It seems that the barrel and the slide give it enough heft to bring ;the sights back on target very quickly. I would think that it would be easier than the G27 to handle because u can get your full hand on the Ultra but i have not shot a g27.

Plus since its a Kimber u will not be disappointed!:D

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I wanted the .45 but opted for the 9mm. I just felt that the .45 would have too much recoil with that 3.5" barrel and small frame. IMO, the size and weight of the CDPII is suited perfectly for the 9mm.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Compact and lightweight. Very manageable with defensive loads. Comfortable to carry all day. For a carry gun it is great. But if you want to spend the entire day at the range shooting several hundred rounds this gun will tire you out. Can't comment on the Glock, I don’t own one.

Top Bottom