• ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Purchased it around Christmas,

I am on my third product return. Each time the unit fails the screen locks up or half of the screen goes black. I am not abusing it.

I would not recommend it, but when it works, it is nice.

WhoDaThunk?RN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Franklin township
    I got a nook for Christmas and I love it. The battery life could be a little better. I mean it seemed really great at first, but then seemed to drain pretty quickly after the first month or 2 of using it constant.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Got my wife the 3G/Wifi Kindle for Christmas, haven't had any issues out of it. I borrowed it last time I flew to FL for training, it was great!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    We also have a 3G/WiFi Kindle. My wife loves it, and I use it now and then. Handy when traveling. Pretty slick little device, though I still prefer paper.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Both my wife and I have had Kindles since Christmas. My wife uses hers daily, for several hours. I haven't used mine as much, but it has been used.

Both have been flawless and we couldn't be happier. Surprised to hear of that man issues by one user.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Sent i back again today. The package came yesterday with the replacement. It has a scratch on the screen...............

They are sending another to switch out in two days..........when will this stop. That is number 4! in 4 months! None of these were refurb's

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Sorry to hear about your problems. Got my wife a kindle last November. She uses it daily and as far as I know has not had any problems. She has arthritis and says it is much easier for her to hold then a book.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Purchased it around Christmas,

I am on my third product return. Each time the unit fails the screen locks up or half of the screen goes black. I am not abusing it.

I would not recommend it, but when it works, it is nice.

By chance do you have it in the non-lighted case ? If so, next time try taking it out of the case and see if you fare better.

We bought one back around Christmas and also had the same issue with the screen freezing / locking up often. It ended up being the case we bought with it. When we called, they knew right away. They had us throw the case away and they sent the more expensive one with different tabs and the light. Has worked great since !

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Kindle doesn't really have the processor, (or the graphics power,) to run any version of Android besides the one that is on it now. You may be thinking about the Nook Color, which is basically an Android tablet to begin with.

I've got a Kindle 3G and I bought one for my girlfriend for Christmas. We love them; so convenient. We love our paper books too, and we will always have hard copies of our favorite series, but the Kindle is just so easy to carry around...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Bought my wife and son each one for Christmas. The WiFi only version as we did not need the 3G. My wife's had a problem with random reboot that she discovered on Christmas evening. I called Amazon on Christmas evening which was on a Saturday and told them I had already updated the firmware with the latest and it was still having issues, they immediately stated they would replace it, sent me the URL for a shipping label, told me to keep the charger, etc that came with it and only ship back the unit itself and she had the new one with another charger, etc on Tuesday morning.

Both my wife and son really like them. Sad thing is I'd probably get more use out of one than either of them, but I still hit the half price books and Amazon for my hard copy books.

Amazon seems to provide fairly frequent software updates, and support seems pretty good.

You can get custom skins with your own pics at http://www.gelaskins.com/ I ordered a skin for each of them to personalize a bit.

A_Brit_In_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Greenwood, Indiana
    I got a Nook colour for Christmas, best gift ever. I downloaded 100 books, put in a 4gb SD card with my music on it and if I get bored I can surf the web if I'm near somewhere that has WiFi, all in all it's brilliant

Top Bottom