• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Alright so I'm looking for a knife to carry at work. My requirements are <$50, foldable, easy to grip with wet hands, preferably spring assisted opening, and be able to break glass.

Also looking for a left handed foldable, spring assist opening knife for EDC.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Alright so I'm looking for a knife to carry at work. My requirements are <$50, foldable, easy to grip with wet hands, preferably spring assisted opening, and be able to break glass.

Also looking for a left handed foldable, spring assist opening knife for EDC.

A few other things you should consider before making a choice:
    Blade Length
    Overall length
    Standard edge, partially serrated edge, or fully serrated edge
    Blade Type (drop point, tanto, or other)

You will probably want something that uses a textured G-10 material for the handles. This will improve your grip under wet conditions.

If you go with an assisted opening knife that has an extended tang for opening the blade, the knife will be ambidextrous for/when opening the blade.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I clip my knives on my pockets though, which is what I mean by left handed and right handed. I carry a knife on my strong side at work, just because it's reaction to reach there for a tool/self defense tool. When I'm carrying though, I clip the same knife on my left side because it's easier to grab than pushing my firearm back to grab it.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I clip my knives on my pockets though, which is what I mean by left handed and right handed. I carry a knife on my strong side at work, just because it's reaction to reach there for a tool/self defense tool. When I'm carrying though, I clip the same knife on my left side because it's easier to grab than pushing my firearm back to grab it.

Not a problem, there are many knives out there that will allow you to mount your pocket clip in two different positions (some times four positions). This will give you different carry options.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Any recommendations? Not necessarily looking for a strictly defense knife, but something that would work well with cutting seat belts or anything a first responder might roll up on.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Top Bottom