• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I am getting married in a couple months and I am looking for a gift for my good friend who is officiating for us. I want something quality, budget minded, engraveable, and useable.

He is in the coast guard. If there are nautical options, that would be a bonus.
    He lives in Virginia. Must be legal for carry/use there
    Budget $200-250
    I want to have engraved a nice and personalized thank you that does not hinder the performance or ruin the finish.
    I want it to be useable. I do not want a show case piece.

I have no idea what engraving runs, so I am guessing ~$50, so the knife price should be in the $150-200 range?

Thanks in advance.
    Tommy

Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side
    Benchmade offers engraving straight from them, talk to Brad, he can give you an idea... I remember it being cheaper than I thought it was going to be.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Super. Thank you. Brad, I will be sending you a message regarding this some time in the next couple days.

Still open to other options as well.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    You can call NDepth Solutions 317-462-9810 here in Greenfield and talk to them about what type of engraving they offer. We had them do some knives for us a few years back and it was not expensive at all. I know they do laser engraving.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Bringing this back from the dead. Brad came through. I got such a great deal on a Griptilian that I ordered one for myself as well. Technically, I told the wife that she ordered one for my wedding gift. :) fast forward to a couple days after the wedding and the first day I carried my knife. Pocket clip caught on something and came out of my pocket on a jobsite. I looked everywhere for it, called the wife and told her I lost it, gave up hope of ever seeing it again. She tells me that I didn't carry it that day. I left it on the counter. Woohoo!!!!! Finish up my job, hop in the truck to leave, start driving, CRUNCH!!!!! Found my brand new Griptilian. Good news is that I didn't lose my wedding gift forever. :rockwoot: bad news is that 3/4ton gmc truck > Benchmade Griptilian. 1.5 years later, I dug that lil guy out of the dresser drawer and will finally be sending it in to be restored to hopefully factory new condition. Chances are that it will probably cost me close to what the knife was new, but I'm alright with it. I just really want to carry that thing with me because it is special.

Quick question. Whats the best way to ship it back to Benchmade? Flat rate usps box?

Top Bottom