• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Mods feel free to move this if it is in the wrong section:

Just wanted to drop everyone a line on some upcoming classes. A brief description of each follows:

Course #1

Kodiak Firing Range and Training Facility, Inc will be hosting a NRA Basic Pistol Course on Sunday, September 25th at 10:00am. The course will be administered by John Pemberton of Pemberton Combatives. The course is 8 hrs. More information on the trainer can be found at www.pembertoncombatives.com. The cost of the course will be $50 plus the cost of ammunition (50 rounds of lead free frangible ammunition). Students will need a double action revolver or semi-auto pistol, rentals available.

Students will learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling, pistol parts and operation, ammunition, shooting fundamentals, range rules, shooting from the bench rest position, and two handed standing positions, cleaning the pistol, and continued opportunities for skill development.

Course #2
    First Aid Trauma Class.
    The class date and time have not been set yet. The class will be instructed by a paramedic trainer. This trainer uses latex costume effect and artificial blood to simulate real trauma situations. Maximum class size is 30 people. 5 spots are already taken. Cost of the class is $50. Class date and time will be set once atleast 15 people sign up for the class. Class is 6 hrs. More information on the class will be posted as it becomes available.

Course #3
    2 day ammunition reloading class.
    This two day class will be instructed by Len of Len's Ammo Shop. Len has 40 years reloading experience and specializes in hard to find/manufacture rounds and specialty rounds.
    Len will bring in and demonstrate different types of loaders, techniques, terminology, etc. The course will begin with the basics and flow to advance and end with the participants actually loading dummy rounds. This course is great for anyone from novice to advanced. This two day course will involve 4 hours over two evenings. Cost is $35. Date and time have not been set yet but we are thinking either a Tues/Wed or Wed/Thurs time in October.

To sign up for any or all of the classes please drop and email to myself or Fred Fowler.
    Mikezimmerman@kodiakrange.com
    Fredfowler@kodiakrange.com

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I definitely want to get over and check out Kodiak. The training side of thing will be winding down a little bit soon, so maybe that chance is getting close.

One thing, it is going to be hard for most people to sign up for a class that they don't know the time and date for. (At least it would be for me). Once that has been set for the Truama class, I will look into that.

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    These will be updated as soon as we get the dates nailed down. Redneckmedic is getting back with me hopefully this week on the trauma course and Len who is doing the reload class has not confirmed a date yet either. Looking forward to a visit from you Mike.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom