• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    A buddy and I headed out this morning real early to beat the AZ heat. First stand of the morning was a bust as the batteries in my foxpro went dead in the middle of the set. This of course bummed me out as this stand has produced bobcats in the past and I was hoping it would again today.

Second stand, a young female pup comes running in from about 300 yards out with what appeared to be a larger coyote behind. Turns out it was a mule deer chasing her. Most likely the coyote was running to the call/decoy and ran by a mule deer with a fawn. So as they got closer the muley turned the coyote away. We knew it was only a matter of time before the coyote got away from the muley and would be headed in. Sure enough, the coyote came charging the decoy. My buddy stopped her about 25 yards or so and I pulled the trigger first. :rockwoot:
    IMG_20110905_065316.jpg

A lot smaller than their IN cousins eh??

Happy hunting folks!!

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Congrats on a successful hunt. I'd love to try for them out west sometime. Seems like it would be quite a different ball game than here in Indiana.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I lived in Sierra Vista AZ. I worked on post as a civilian contractor, we used to see herds of antelope running right off the road on the gunnery range on Fort Huachuaca. There was an area we used to hunt and go to plink half way in between Tombstone and Bisbee there was an old lead mine out there. From what I hear nowadays half the areas we used to hunt are off limits due to the war on drugs. In the late 80's we used to drive down border road taking turns sitting on the hood of the car shooting Jack rabbits I doubt you could get away with that nowadays. I was watching that show border wars and they were showing the Nogales Az border crossing point and boy has that changed. Back in 1987 when I used to cross the border there it was one guy sitting at a desk 30 feet from the counter who would look over his shoulder and ask if you had anything to declare, never asked me for ID and never inspected my packages, I probably could have walked through there with a bazooka and they wouldn't have noticed LOL. We used to go to Agua Prieda another little border town and we didn't even go through customs, there was a whole in the barbed wire fence on the edge of town that everyone just drove their trucks through no problem. I do miss Arizona though its one of my favorite places I love living out there. Way far down south where I lived the climate was perfect not too hot not too cold. Bisbee is way up in the continental divide and claims to have the best year round climate in the world, as you come into town there used to be a big billboard that said "Welcome to Bisbee the town thats too HIGH to care.

Top Bottom