Lafayette, Batten Down the Hatches, Storm is Here!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    It was really bad between louisville and eville, we were on 64 and had to pull over and let the storm pass it was so heavy. Poor guys on bikes were huddled under overpasses everywhere.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Storm is hitting me now. Got the generator on the pallet forks waiting to take out. The power has flickered several times and I'm surprised it's still on.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Hope everyone is safe and sound.

Inside and about to take a shower after long day of working on the house; hope you are where you want to be.

It rolled thru here about 7:40 pm. We watched it go from relative sunshine to almost total darkness in the space of about 15 minutes. I had just enough time to get the dogs out and back in, and get the 2 big ones tranq'd. Normally it doesn't bother Bills dog, but this storm was right over the house. Our Pit was a total basket case. Fortunately our daughter got here about 10 minutes before it hit, so she and I stayed here during the storm. We had tons of lightning & thunder, right over the house, to the point it was rattling the windows.

We had copious amounts of rain, blowing in all different directions, but fortunately (as far as we could hear, it bounces off the flue of the fireplace) we didn't get any hail. It lasted for about 1/2 hour, and we all sat in the kitchen trying to keep the dogs calm. This is the first time the boys have been allowed in the same room, at the same time, but with both of them tranq'd, it worked out well. Both were scared, so fighting was the last thing on their minds. The wind blew harder than I've seen it blow in years, and it clobbered us like a mac truck. The only good point was that it didn't last as long as expected, and we also had a bit more warning on how severe it was going to be, cuz I got a text from BOR telling me to "Batten Down the Hatches". Which was what allowed me to get at least a bit prepared.

All in all, we had a light and noise show, our lights flickered but didn't go out, I did turn off my computer, just in case, we kicked on the TV to keep somewhat up on what was coming, but other than a couple of neurotic dogs, we did ok. We've already checked the outside and everything is intact, even the fence (which is a worry of mine). Our daughters car was in our garage, so it didn't get exposed to any hail or wind (it's a little car) so she grabbed Benji and took him home for the night. I'll have him again tomorrow, since she works weird hours now that school is getting back into full session.

So no damage to report from our humble home, altho I did call in my "Storm Angels", that I borrow every time we get weather like this, winter storms too. Hey, one can never have to much help, and so far we've come out of all the storms since we moved in, with little or no damage to our house or property.

She left about 45 minutes after the storm ended (we had a little trailer storm right after that, but wasn't much) and headed home for a pleasant evening of peace and quiet. Ack, I hope I didn't just jinx us! LOL As I posted on the storm in Indy, I'll be spending most of my night praying for those who were killed or injured in that tragic accident at the State Fair. And to think, I wanted to go to that concert. BOR won't go, cuz they won't allow for our 2nd Amendment Right, and I really don't do that many people in one place (Besides, he hates C&W music). We missed the 4H fair here, cuz the temps were in the upper 90's, with a heat index of 115. Nope, instant migraine, not going there!

Hopefully everyone ended up as safe and well as we did, if not let me know and I'll include you in our group of "prayers" as our daughters has always called them. LOL! We're supposed to be blazin hot next week, UGG! Has the weather heard of the expression of "happy medium"? Seems not! Stay dry and stay safe!
    7th Stepper

Last edited:

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Storm has hit Crawfordsville.

I blame Rhino.

Batten down the hatches??? In your case it'd be break out the camp stove (BBQ, Hibatchi, Flame Thrower..) and fry up some bacon! In case the power goes out, at least you'll have something to sustain life! ROFL! How're you doin crazyman! And btw, what'd you think of the recipe I sent you? Tried the BST's yet? Inquiring minds want to know!
    Hugs to you my friend!
    7th Stepper

Top Bottom