Largest gun ban in Canadian history': Bill amendment could criminalize millions of hunting rifles

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I wonder how the real Canadians will react...
    They'll likely riot. Something like this...

FdWWEyhWYAA3eHg.png

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Lol

If you compared the USA trucker convoy and the Canadian we looked like little girl’s comparatively
    True. But that wasn't aboot guns.

Kanardians views on guns don't often align with ours. The majority of their gun rights advocates would be considered Fudds at best by INGO.

I say this difference is explained by us fighting a bloody, decade long revolution to obtain freedom from the Crown, while they just politely asked(begged) for it for 150 years.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    True. But that wasn't aboot guns.

Kanardians views on guns don't often align with ours. The majority of their gun rights advocates would be considered Fudds at best by INGO.

I say this difference is explained by us fighting a bloody, decade long revolution to obtain freedom from the Crown, while they just politely asked(begged) for it for 150 years.
    No but it was about freedom and given current events I think Canadians would stand up before we did. If we were put in a similar situation again. Just my .02

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    I grew up knowing that the Constitution and God gave me as an American certain unalienable rights.
    I'll be damned if anyone is taking any of those rights away from me without a fight. I'm ready to go right here, right now to keep them.
    Canadian people never had the right, only the permission. That mindset is the difference between Americans and Canadians. Our government knows that many American citizens, not all, will fight and die for those rights.
    Our government is afraid to an certain degree of it's citizens, the Canadian government, not so much.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I grew up knowing that the Constitution and God gave me as an American certain unalienable rights.
    I'll be damned if anyone is taking any of those rights away from me without a fight. I'm ready to go right here, right now to keep them.
    Canadian people never had the right, only the permission. That mindset is the difference between Americans and Canadians. Our government knows that many American citizens, not all, will fight and die for those rights.
    Our government is afraid to an certain degree of it's citizens, the Canadian government, not so much.
    I understand the sentiment but it always seems like it’s the NEXT infringement that will break the camels back and keep kicking the can down the road while rights are slowly chipped away at.

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    I understand the sentiment but it always seems like it’s the NEXT infringement that will break the camels back and keep kicking the can down the road while rights are slowly chipped away at.
    True, the law that triggers it has not yet been passed but, it is being pushed as we speak. When the time comes that the government commands you to give up what you have and enforcement begins, all bets are off.
    Gunowners have been compliant with the small infringements and it has given the leftist the mindset to continue to chip away at the 2nd Amendment but they haven't passed the laws that Canada is passing in now.
    Remember what happened in Virginia a few years ago when their new Governor tried to take away the people's guns and gun rights. Thousands of armed citizens showed up at the Capital to protest. The attempt to pass the laws was very quickly withdrawn. Hopefully if this is attempted at the Federal level, Washington DC woul be quickly overwhelmed with Armed patriots doing the same. The American people need to put the fear of God into these politicians and convince them that they work for us, not the other way around.
    I'm in no way am I trying to incite people into an uprising or unlawful acts. I'm only saying that the power belongs to the people, not a government that totally disregards the Constitution of the United States of America. Hopefully we the people won't have to physically remind them of that fact.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Take note, anyone who says "but I'm not a single issue voter".

One election and one prime minister ended gun ownership in Canada.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Take note, anyone who says "but I'm not a single issue voter".

One election and one prime minister ended gun ownership in Canada.

I'm a single issue voter... I figure a politician's opinion on gun ownership tells me how much they value the freedoms of the people. It's not a foolproof plan and all politicians are bastards for sure, but if they're pro-gun, they are at least somewhat pro-freedom.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    God Bless the Founding Fathers of the USA when they drafted the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and particularly the Second Amendment!!!
    Now if only the idiot politicians that run this country would follow their oath to uphold the Constitution of the USA in all respects we would not be in such a mess as a country at the present time!

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    I was on yutube earlier today, and this video was in the feed off to the side. It's from 8 years ago.

Starts with registration, to accomplish confiscation.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I was on yutube earlier today, and this video was in the feed off to the side. It's from 8 years ago.

Starts with registration, to accomplish confiscation.

Well the ATF has over 1 billion firearms files. I'd say they have at least half of all firearms sold in the last 20+ years in their searchable gun registry already.

Top Bottom