• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdewyse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    ignorant Leo concerning the laws of their state. makes me feel great when the LEO's don't know the laws

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Both should be fired. Just as it were me not knowing proper welding techniques building race cars, so as such a law maker or law enforcement officer should KNOW the law. Failure to do so is failure at your job.
    Failure to perform your job (law ENFORCEMENT) should result in a loss of job.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    The guy should have been a test case and said..."I'm not covering it, so take me to jail or leave me alone." If you believe in something...stand up for it. Don't puss out at the last minute.

You go through all the trouble to OC to make a point. (And I have no problem with this...+1 to him for it) You even carry the law on paper in your pocket. You're there to make a point and a statement. Make the damn thing.

Stand up for what you believe. If you're right...it's all icing on the cake after that. -1 to him for not having a set. :twocents:

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    If you are going to arrest somebody, do it for breaking a law you know and are enforcing.

If you don't know someone is actually breaking a law you shouldn't arrest them.

If you are foolish enough to arrest someone for breaking a non-existent law then you aren't wise enough to have the legal protection from being sued for making false arrests which is the power the policeman has.

jdewyse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    I can't cast much blame on the guy because I wouldn't want to go to jail either... Jail is just a bad when your in there to prove a point as when you are in there for a crime.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Jail is just a bad when your in there to prove a point as when you are in there for a crime.

Thank goodness Rosa Parks did not have the same fears!

Rosa Parks did not have a gun and she showed ten times the courage of our Brave Blogger.

Question Authority . . . but raise your hand first.:D

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Both should be fired. Just as it were me not knowing proper welding techniques building race cars, so as such a law maker or law enforcement officer should KNOW the law. Failure to do so is failure at your job.
    Failure to perform your job (law ENFORCEMENT) should result in a loss of job.

+1.

The guy should have been a test case and said..."I'm not covering it, so take me to jail or leave me alone." If you believe in something...stand up for it. Don't puss out at the last minute.

You go through all the trouble to OC to make a point. (And I have no problem with this...+1 to him for it) You even carry the law on paper in your pocket. You're there to make a point and a statement. Make the damn thing.

Stand up for what you believe. If you're right...it's all icing on the cake after that. -1 to him for not having a set. :twocents:

+10.

"Activist?" Pfft, more like a p***y attention-whore douchebag.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Thank goodness Rosa Parks did not have the same fears!

Rosa Parks did not have a gun and she showed ten times the courage of our Brave Blogger.

Question Authority . . . but raise your hand first.:D

I agree with the point you are making but comparing the modern-day American gun-owners plight with that of black Americans during the 1950's is an insult to what Rosa Parks stood for. Rosa Parks had no choice but to be black. We can choose to carry our guns in many ways. Because Rosa Parks was black, she was treated as less than an American. As gun owners, our right to open carry is still lawful. Fighting to keep a right that we already have is not any less noble than fighting for a right that has been taken (or never granted) but we need to be mindful of what we compare our fights to. We aren't as victimized as some of these threads make us seem.

Now, if you wish to compare your plight with Rosa Parks, open-carry without a permit to attempt to gain Constitutional Carry. That is what Rosa Parks did, set herself up to go to jail with no recourse. Not spend a night and make $200,000.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Rosa Parks had a choice. She could have moved North or done what the police told her to do, but thank goodness she did not.:)

We can choose to carry our guns in many ways.

And Rosa Parks could have not been such an attention whore and just walked.

My point is that gun owners will be pushed around until we decided to prevent this.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Rosa Parks had a choice. She could have moved North or done what the police told her to do, but thank goodness she did not.:)

And Rosa Parks could have not been such an attention whore and just walked.

My point is that gun owners will be pushed around until we decided to prevent this.

Not to derail the thread, but if Rosa Parks had moved North, she still would have ran into Jim Crow Laws. As an example, I have seen a picture of the S.S. Kresge store in New Castle that was taken around 1960. Near the lunch counter was a sign that read, "No Coloreds Allowed At The Lunch Counter". Other than the minor historical inaccuracy, I agree with your statement.

I once had a local police officer tell me it was illegal to have my shotgun in the backseat of my car. He repeatedly asked me if I wanted to go to jail. I repeatedly told him to do whatever he felt was necessary. In the end, he walked away after calling me a menace and ordering me to go home. I didn't go home. I drove past him two or three more times. He didn't say a word to me.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    she still would have ran into Jim Crow Laws.
    No, she would have not run into any Jim Crow laws.

Jim Crow laws were passed after Reconstruction when Federal troops left the South after the Corrupt Bargain of 1877 and the South re-asserted White Supremacy. That was the South, not the North.

The photo you cite is just de facto bigotry, not de jure bigotry, like Jim Crow.

However, thanks for the local intel. Is that photo on-line?

I once had a local police officer tell me it was illegal to have my shotgun in the backseat of my car. He repeatedly asked me if I wanted to go to jail. I repeatedly told him to do whatever he felt was necessary. In the end, he walked away after calling me a menace and ordering me to go home. I didn't go home. I drove past him two or three more times. He didn't say a word to me.
    You did the right thing. Never lose your cool and always leave a mark.

Top Bottom