• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JRPLANE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Hagerstown, Indiana
    Is there any good resource for lead loads?
    .45 ACP 230g
    .44 Mag 240g

I can't find much info on this.
    I'm looking fo target loads.
    I have Bullseye and titegroup, but will buy whatever is needed.

Jeff

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Is there any good resource for lead loads?
    .45 ACP 230g
    .44 Mag 240g

I can't find much info on this.
    I'm looking fo target loads.
    I have Bullseye and titegroup, but will buy whatever is needed.

Jeff
    I am an "old timer", and use old manuals, Lyman 45th ed., shows a 225 cast 3.5-4.7 gr. of Bulseye,
    250 gr. cast 4.0-6.0 Bullseye....

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Well, isn't this thread a dichotomy?! :D

Ya got the old guys referencing load books and the young guns posting hyperlinks. Neither is better, although one of these is in "hard copy", printed for time and all eternity, while the other is a "file" on a server, somewhere out there in cyberland. In fact, the online stuff may just be what Joe Reloader got to work in his gun, but I guess that's all the reloading manuals show, too?

My only real worry here is that you've got a guy looking to reload who gives the appearance of being unable to properly source data for very common cartridges, shooting cast bullets. There are certain core personality traits that make for good hand loaders and one of those is the ability...no, the INSISTENCE, to track down load recipe information, personally. If anyone, shy of the Lord himself, was standing next to me while I was reloading, I would not ask them to look at my load book and tell me how many grains of Unique to load in my 44/40 cases. Some things you just do yourself, each and every time.

I guess this is why I don't understand when folks ask for load data, online. If Ken Waters joined INGO and posted load data...I'd cross-reference it. I might even check HIS books, in doing so, but I would not take his "word" for it, online. The only way I ever reload, no matter how many times I've used a given load recipe, is if I've got the data staring at me, in one form or another. If I ever make a mistake in the components I use or the charge weight in my cases, it will be MY mistake...not something I can blame on "some guy" from the Internet.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom