• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Yes, it is morally and ethically wrong. You are being a bad citizen of the world. For shame. What? ... is the world your trash can?
    You benefit from the Oxygen and shade produced by the tree and you can't deal with the leaves??
    For Shame ;)

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Yes, it is morally and ethically wrong. You are being a bad citizen of the world. For shame. What? ... is the world your trash can?
    You benefit from the Oxygen and shade produced by the tree and you can't deal with the leaves??
    For Shame ;)
    If I got shade from these trees I would gladly bag them up. I dont so they got blown out front. Not my problem anymore unless the wind blows the wrong way tomorrow

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Blowing them into the street just leads to clogged street drain holes/lines, which will adversely affect you sooner or later.

I know your pain though, as I deal with the same exact situation (no trees of my own, but both neighbors have some hanging over my property line).

I just rake and bag em up. IF i had an actual gas powered lawnmower, I'd also invest in a mulch bag for it to make things easier. But at last, I'm old school with a Reel mower - so that's not an option.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Blowing them into the street just leads to clogged street drain holes/lines, which will adversely affect you sooner or later.

I know your pain though, as I deal with the same exact situation (no trees of my own, but both neighbors have some hanging over my property line).

I just rake and bag em up. IF i had an actual gas powered lawnmower, I'd also invest in a mulch bag for it to make things easier. But at last, I'm old school with a Reel mower - so that's not an option.
    Our city just spent millions making our storm sewers better, so I should be good to go. They think that will fix our flooding problem, even though the center of my road is taller than my sidewalk:dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    And I do not have a tree. Is it wrong to mow my yard in such a way that I shoot all of them back into the road?

If the trees are outside your yard and next to the road I dont see a problem to send the leaves where they came from. :dunno:

Also get a tree.It's where people hide guns in Europe from what I heard on INGO ... :rolleyes:

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    Dammit, I knew there was something I was supposed to do over the weekend. Mine all look like green grass so the leaves actually give them away.

Since claymores have gotten so expensive I just connect my tripwires to glow sticks. When I see one light up around the perimeter I just pop a couple of tracers out near the wire and problem solved.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    My neighbor thinks nothing of blowing the leaves from a tree that straddles the property line into my yard. To the tune of 18-24" deep. So I think nothing of taking the mower (sans bag attachment) and blowing them back to this yard, slightly smaller, of course.

If when you blow them, you also chop them up a bit, go for it.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    My neighbor thinks nothing of blowing the leaves from a tree that straddles the property line into my yard. To the tune of 18-24" deep. So I think nothing of taking the mower (sans bag attachment) and blowing them back to this yard, slightly smaller, of course.

If when you blow them, you also chop them up a bit, go for it.

I did go for it. Usually I will bag the yard, but it was a long day and I just said the hell with it:D

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    BK's Breakfast of Champions

Where did they come from?

s-a.jpg

My brain hurts.

I know, right??? :bash: