S3010374.jpg

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Do you believe it's a better set up for precision loads or do you just not like the newer, faster models?

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i use it for small loading quantity's 100 or under.....when i want to run large number of rounds i setup the 650...

Lee loaders will load very accurate loads...just slower...

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I've got a few lee loaders. I've been using them because I've been moving a lot recently and I dont want to pull out the press and set it up just to take it down in a few months. My house renovations will soon be complete and I'll have my own reloading room, til then the lee loader is where it's at.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I used one quite a bit to reload right on the range. If a load wasn't any good, I only had a few to pull, then if a load showed promise, I could load up 8 or 10 and test them right away. Its amazing how accurate a load you can make with probably the cheapest set of reloading tools there is.

Kart29

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    I started with a Lee Loader I bought used for $13. I loaded hundreds of rounds that way and enjoyed it immensely. Made some good quality ammo with that tool. Very slow, though. I finally bought a hand press because I needed a factory crimp die to put a good crimp on jacketed bullets so they wouldn't get shoved into the case in a tubular magazine. I still pull out the Lee Loader once in a while just for the joy of using something so simple yet so effective. I'd like to have one for every caliber I shoot.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I agree I would love to have one for each caliber, but I've got to get my feet wet. I've been looking at this setup from midway USA, but idk what else I would need just yet:

Challenger Breech Lock Single Stage Press Kit

You will need a set of dies for the caliber you will be reloading. I prefer the 4-die set. You will also need a bullet puller, and a caliper.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I agree I would love to have one for each caliber, but I've got to get my feet wet. I've been looking at this setup from midway USA, but idk what else I would need just yet:

Challenger Breech Lock Single Stage Press Kit
    Powder, primers, bullets in your favorite caliber, dies in your favorite caliber, and a reloading manual. And then some one to help you get started. Perhaps one of the frequently offered reloading classes offered on this board.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom