• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Is anyone using the Lee Pro Auto-Disk Powder Measure on their Lee Classic Turret Press? Also, are there any disadvantages to using it on the press versus using the bench mounted powder measure. Will I need a riser block to make it work on the press?

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    If it comes in the kit, you should have all of the hardware you need to mount it on the press. The advantage is that with an auto indexing press, you can do semi-progressive reloading. The disadvantage is that if you want to weigh your charges you'll have to charge the case and then dump it into your scale pan.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm not buying the kit. The pro-auto powder measure isn't actually designed for the Turret Press. But, it can be "made" to work, from what I read.

So I'm just wanting to know how I can get it to work.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    I'm not buying the kit. The pro-auto powder measure isn't actually designed for
    the Turret Press. But, it can be "made" to work, from what I read.

So
    I'm just wanting to know how I can get it to work.
    The Autodisk and Pro Autodisk both work great with the turret press. Maybe your thinking of the Perfect Powder Measure? If you get an autodisk from a progressive kit, it may only have the chain return and like the PPM will not work with the turret. You need the spring return. You may also need the riser to clear the Saftey Primer and some tall dies. The Pro also comes with the swivel adapter(the non-pro can be upgraded).

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm not buying the kit. The pro-auto powder measure isn't actually designed for the Turret Press. But, it can be "made" to work, from what I read.

So I'm just wanting to know how I can get it to work.

The Autodisk and Pro Autodisk both work great with the turret press. Maybe your thinking of the Perfect Powder Measure? If you get an autodisk from a progressive kit, it may only have the chain return and like the PPM will not work with the turret. You need the spring return. You may also need the riser to clear the Saftey Primer and some tall dies. The Pro also comes with the swivel adapter(the non-pro can be upgraded).

I don't know why they say the Pro auto-disk isn't actually designed for the Turret, but rather for the Lee Pro-1000 and Loadmaster presses.

It works great on the turret ! Actually, I have 12 of them. It will also come with EVERYTHING you will need to adapt it to their turret minus the powder thru expander die of course.

The first (11) I bought came with the riser already assembled, but I did have to change out the slide arm and add the larger of the (2) springs to make it capatible with the turret ( maybe 5 minute job if that). The last one I just recieved from Midway, maybe a month ago, came already set up for the turret out of the box. So in worse case, all you would need to do is swap out slide arms and remove smaller spring and install the larger spring. Also on turret, the chain isn't needed.

Instructions aren't the greatest, but easy way to know if you have it right is after you are done, only remaining parts you should have left over if using on a turret are the smaller spring, (1) slide arm with 3 holes, and the chain.

Now, if you get the lower priced auto disk ( not the pro ) , you would need to add some parts, including a riser.

Last edited:

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    Mine works fine. Like I said on your other post get one for each caliber you load and they make changes less than a minute. Like mentioned above it makes weighing the charges more difficult which is sometimes nice on powders that don't run through it well. They are also cumbersome to store but space is limited for me so that might not be an issue for you.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    They are also cumbersome to store but space is limited for me so that might not be an issue for you.

Bet many threw their boxes away thru the years because they were cluttering up the loading area. The bottom of Lee's (3) die set box is designed to hold the turret secure when flipped upside down... Empty boxes can be bought at MidwayUSA.

DSCN2486.jpg

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    All mine came in the square die boxes:dunno: . Might have to buy some. I've seen your reloading setup xtremevel , modeled most of mine setup after yours and your advice.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    All mine came in the square die boxes:dunno: . Might have to buy some. I've seen your reloading setup xtremevel , modeled most of mine setup after yours and your advice.

Yea, the (4) die sets come in the stackable flat boxes... it's the (3) die sets that come in the round ones... Also, at least some rifle sets ( yellow boxes) come in round and will also work.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Bet many threw their boxes away thru the years because they were cluttering up the loading area. The bottom of Lee's (3) die set box is designed to hold the turret secure when flipped upside down... Empty boxes can be bought at MidwayUSA.

DSCN2486.jpg
    Wow! I've been thinking about getting a complete shell plate carrier for each caliber I reload, in my Pro 1000. But never thought of that! I might get another if I ever get to the point I need to stack the disks, I can change my disks pretty quick the Shell Plates in the 1000 are a pain to me although I'm getting better at it each time I do it.

Mephitical

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Lebanon

DSCN2486.jpg

I like that setup you have.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I just ordered the auto disk and primer today. I can't wait to set it up and reload without having to punch the primers and then hand priming. It's also a bit of a pain to have to measure each load, especially with Clays, but not so much with Tite Group.

Top Bottom