• ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    two best leeks.

1-S30V leek less for the good steel and more for the G10 handles, WAY easier to manipulate.

2- D2 composite leek, another great steel choice for the leek, mine takes and holds a 30 degree inclusive edge(15 per side for you just joining us:)) all day long.

I'm just not a fan of the sandvik leeks, they just won't hold an edge for me.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I have to vote for the leek also. I carry one daily. The Scallion blade is just too short for EDC for me. And although I have leeks in both S30V and D2 I carry a old leek in 440A. Not the best steel but sometimes you just get attached to a knife.

amhenry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    I carry the Random Leek in S30V. It's been great for everything I've needed it for. Picked it up at Tomcat's Pawnshop in Bloomington a couple years ago. I wish it didn't have serrations though... Handled some Scallions and didn't care for them. The Leek is a great EDC for me- slim and lightweight. I often throw a fixed blade on IWB in addition to the Leek in my pocket. Never hurts to have an extra blade with me.

stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    Another vote for the Leek, The blade shape alone was the deciding factor for me.

I do own some scallion's, but I have'nt carried them in years. Or the leek for that matter, but if I had to choose it would be the Leek.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I carry the Leek and have never owned a Scallion, so I'm a bit biased. I did decide to get it based on input from a thread similar to this one.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The Leek has become one of the most iconic knives ever made. While I'm sure Kershaw has an idea, I suspect it is, in all of its incarnations, one of the most purchased knives on the market. I consider mine to be one of the best in drawer, and I still carry it.

Top Bottom