• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    had a little trouble with a 1k # air handler and my right middle finger didn't do so good....would still like to shoot my hand guns and when shootin' left handed and to be the best with it should i close and aim with my right or left eye?.....been doin' a little dry firin' with left eye closed as i would be shootin' right handed....it's been a little over a week it's gettin' better...

et8lzt.jpg

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I am right handed, left eye dominant. When I shoot with my strong hand I'm have to tilt my head more to use my left eye. You could try doing that with your weak hand.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I generally use the same eye alignment when shooting with my L hand (right eye dominant, right handed)

I've not been shooting in a long time. Next time I go, I'll probably have to shoot using only my L hand due to an injury I'm waiting on to heal...*sigh*

Think of it this way: GOOD practice to be able to shoot with your off hand.

-J-

walker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Terre Haute
    WOW!!! The picture of your finger makes mine hurt.. Hope it heals fast. Good time to get in some practice with your weak hand. Years back I broke my right hand, had to shoot left handed. I used my left eye.

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    try both eyes open. it takes a bit of getting used to, but so will anything else...and it'll translate well once you go back to your strong hand.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    When I shoot weak hand without support (for me left handed) I still use my right eye. It looks a bit silly, but I actuall cant the gun at an angle to bring the sights in line with my eye.

It looks a little like the "Gangsta" style, but actually works pretty good. It also helps with the recoil, as the gun naturally will point back to the target based on your wrist angle.

When I try to shoot weak hand with a more traditional grip, it is hard to control.

Sorry about your finger, but the good news is that after this you'll be a lot more skillful with the off hand and a better shooter.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Are you shooting one handed or weak hand/two hands? Being right eyed, I actually shoot better one handed on weak hand than two handed. I think it is because I get better eye alignment with the site in that postition. Just a thought.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I leave both eyes open and use my right eye... I think
    I am right handed and left eye dominant, but I have learned to use my right eye when shooting normally.
    I think I use my right eye when shooting left handed, but... maybe not.

Just try a really good band aid.
    On your finger not your eye.

Eidt: Is that your bone?
    OOOWWWWWWWW!

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    I'm left-handed and basically right eye only. Like most things in life, you can adjust to it quickly. With just a little practice, it's a non-issue.

Top Bottom