• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Have to admit I left my CCW Glock 26 in the car when I went in to vote. Guess I didn't want to end up on ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and Jay Leno's monologue all in one day. Probably legal to carry, since I was in a church and not some federal building, but I just didn't want to chance it. I didn't see anyone in jackboots and carrying clubs in the front of the polling station, though. I felt safe knowing the 15 or so blue-hair ladies were providing security. :rolleyes:

Viper393

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Clark County
    Had my XD40 subcompact in a Crossbreed Supertuck on me when I went to the polls. They changed our polling place from an elementary school to the 4H fairgrounds about 8 years ago so I was good to go.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    I open carried to my polling location. The only person that noticed was our city council woman who lives in the same neighborhood as me. She commented on how she saw my son come in earlier and vote for the first time in his life and wanted to know if I were going to get him his LTCH and a pistol since he was 18 now.

INGunGuy

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    My polling place was in a middle school, so no carry for me. I wore an INGO hat, and a Purdue jacket. I always wear the jacket, and the same poll worker always remarks positively about it. (He attended Purdue and his wife attended IU) That jacket is always the source of good natured conversation here in IU land. I'm hoping the INGO swag will be the source of some positive discussion, too.:)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    OP, as long as the church has no school or daycare, you would have probably been OK to carry, however, you made the choice not to do so. It's a great thing to live in a country where you still have that choice. I do hope you had a car safe in which to store your Glock, rather than just sticking it in the console, the glovebox, or under the seat. I'm also curious if you exposed the empty holster in a silent protest.
    My county is one of the "vote center" trial counties and I really, really hope they continue and even expand that project- essentially, I can go to any polling place in the county and cast my vote in my precinct. The poll closest to me is a church with a daycare and a k-12 school, so it would be off limits, but going to a fire station nearby lets me carry and be within the law, so that once I vote, I can continue my day's activities without having to either disarm, park on the street, or go back home afterward to finish getting dressed. (I feel 'nekkid' when I have to go somewhere unarmed, don't you?)

Blessings,
    Bill

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    voted at our fire station

had no problem carrying since I voted at our fire station. those electronic machines sure are simple and quick!

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    had no problem carrying since I voted at our fire station. those electronic machines sure are simple and quick!

And give me absolutely no accountability that my vote was actually counted, because of the seriously easy ways that exist to hack them.

I've consulted for companies that compile votes, most are serious jokes. I will not trust electronic voting until I can get a receipt with a unique number on it that I can verify online a week after or something like that.

There are reasons why various states and other countries have made these machines illegal.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Luckily my polling place is the clubhouse of our neighborhood. Absolutely no way it could be counted as a school.

Carried my Sig in a SuperTuck.

Top Bottom