LEO who didn't have to pay for Breakfast this moring.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    To the LEO who was in the drive through at Mcdonalds on W 16th st. around 7-7:30ish this morning. I just wanted to say thanks for your service again. Paying for your breakfast is the least I could do.

I don't know if he's on INGO But I thought I would post.

Once again, thanks for being a hero to a hero. I love people that appreciate our troops and police. These are our unsung heroes!!

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    I saw a woman in Starbucks once throw a royal fit because some officers got free drinks. I offered to buy her drink so she'd feel special and then I caught part of the fit she was throwing...:rolleyes: :D

Dont you know, that no good deed goes unpunished? lol

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Thanks for the rep everyone, but that is not why I posted it I was actually hoping that, the LEO would be on here.
    This is just one way I try to spread some happiness in the world. There is enough LEO bashing and hate everywhere I try to spread a little joy when I can.

And if he doesn't neck stomp a guy because I bought his breakfast then that much better:D

By the way I would love to do a ride along. And I would by something nicer than fast food as a thank you for putting up with me.

Good job man

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    I think there's a point where liability concerns and rules go out the window. I don't know any cop or agency that would fault someone for trying their best to help out an officer in trouble (although, I'm sure it's happened somewhere). If it's something a rider doesn't feel he\she can help with, at least he\she is still sitting next to the radio...so use it if the officer can't get to his.

In IL it would be beneficial for someone to help the LEO to avoid getting charged as there is a state charge for failing to render assistance if requested to do so from the LEO.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    How do you sign up for or request a ride along?

You just need to know which agency services your area. Call up that department and ask if they offer ride-alongs and what their procedure is for setting one up. If you don't have a specific officer in mind you want to ride with then they will probably tell you just to come in whichever day you're available and fill out the form and they'll assign you to an officer for the shift.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    It's my personal decision that any time a LEO/fire/EMT is in line with me at a fast food joint I pay for their meals. I know the hours aren't great and that the pay is usually lousy. So if me buying a $3.80 breakfast helps him have a better day it's worth it to me.

FYI I usually eat lunch around 11am and frequent the fast food joints at 16th and Tibbs.:D

Where's my halloween costume from when we did the village people a few years ago?:laugh:

Top Bottom