• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    There's some changes that's being looked at and may be voted on soon(hopefully) concerning LEOSA.

There are two bills in the legislature concerning changes under LEOSA.

S. 1132, which has passed the Senate.

H.R. 3752, which is in committee.

Some of the changes are, years in law enforcement from 15 to 10 years.
    Ammo changes
    Broadens who is covered.
    Will not need to have a pension.
    Who a retiree can qualify with.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    While I hate that one class of citizen gets preferential gun laws, I'm always happy to see at least some of us getting better laws. This is a positive step for all of us.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I just got back from an 8 day trip thru W. Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee and Kentucky, including thru several national parks. I met a deputy sheriff in Cape Haterras, NC when I had my wallet out paying for a room and he saw my ID. He had no problem with me carrying. The area is however, quite liberal.

I was also stopped getting on a ferry in NC. They check your DL and take a quick look inside your vehicle before allowing you to board. I told the guy I had 2 handguns with me and showed him my ID. He said no problem and aboard we went.

I carried one handgun CC everywhere we went and had no issues. I traveled over 2500 miles and just set the cruise control no more than 2-3 mph over the posted speed limit so traffic stops weren't an issue. I was really amazed that I saw no traffic stops the 3 days we were on the Outer Banks. I'm sure they realize that hammering the tourists with traffic tickets would be bad for local businesses.

Scutter is correct. Every law abiding, responsible citizen should be allowed the same privilege. I am however, not apologizing for being allowed to do so.

Last edited:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Why? Some people chose a lesser profession, that doesn't mean they should get the same benefits. All anyone that whines about it needs to do is apply and put in ten years, then they'll be good to go. :dunno:

"Lesser profession"???? Please, don't post so arrogantly in the future. I guess because I've served as a Correctional Officer and put my life on the line daily to keep the public safe I chose a "lesser profession"---I shouldn't have the same extra privileges that you get. Let's not even discuss the military veterans who very well might consider YOUR profession "lesser".

"Same benefits"??? You mean the Constitution doesn't apply because we're not all cops?

:noway: Seriously...it's this attitude that wins the distrust and disgust of the public. This attitude is demeaning and reflects poorly. :twocents:

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    "Lesser profession"???? Please, don't post so arrogantly in the future. I guess because I've served as a Correctional Officer and put my life on the line daily to keep the public safe I chose a "lesser profession"---I shouldn't have the same extra privileges that you get. Let's not even discuss the military veterans who very well might consider YOUR profession "lesser".

"Same benefits"??? You mean the Constitution doesn't apply because we're not all cops?

:noway: Seriously...it's this attitude that wins the distrust and disgust of the public. This attitude is demeaning and reflects poorly. :twocents:

A BIG :+1::+1: to this.

How dare you act as though the right to self-defense is a benefit that can be awarded for service to the government or conversely be withheld at "their" whim.

Top Bottom