• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    wait a minute.... this cant be real. theres no holiday inn out in the middle of the amazon jungle. so where does he sleep?

It's Les Stroud not Bear Grylls.
    Les don't need no steeen-king Holiday Inn.

TV 'survival king' stayed in hotels - Times Online

So, while Bear was roughing it with a camera crew and sleeping in hotels, Survivorman (i.e. Les Stroud) was out in the woods by himself , lugging around his own camera equipment, and filming survival for real.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    It's Les Stroud not Bear Grylls.
    Les don't need no steeen-king Holiday Inn.

TV 'survival king' stayed in hotels - Times Online

So, while Bear was roughing it with a camera crew and sleeping in hotels, Survivorman (i.e. Les Stroud) was out in the woods by himself , lugging around his own camera equipment, and filming survival for real.

damn it man, you ruined my joke :):

I was just being a smart ass. your right he is the real deal and has the skills and doesnt fake it.

bear has the skills but he is too much of a celebrity now to wanna rough it.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    He also did a show about going "off grid", where he and his family move out into the middle of nowhere and put up a cabin with wind power and solar power.
    I like him.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    He also did a show about going "off grid", where he and his family move out into the middle of nowhere and put up a cabin with wind power and solar power.
    I like him.

I haven't seen that one, it would be cool. (And I think just about everyone's dream on this board...)

I did see one of his hour-long specials about urban disasters and survival. It was great and informative as well.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I haven't seen that one, it would be cool. (And I think just about everyone's dream on this board...)

I did see one of his hour-long specials about urban disasters and survival. It was great and informative as well.
    You should be able to find it. I watched it on google video IIRC. It's about an hour long.

He and his whole family lived in a tent through the first winter because the house wasn't done on time. Talk about tough people, and true survival.

Top Bottom