• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I think In 2025 all hard hats are supposed to be like this.
    Many of the companies I work with are going to the safety helmets, with chin strap and EVA foam padding in addition to the multipoint harness. I’m guessing it has to do with new regulations.

IMG_6772.jpeg

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Many of the companies I work with are going to the safety helmets, with chin strap and EVA foam padding in addition to the multipoint harness. I’m guessing it has to do with new regulations.

View attachment 350260
    I like 87 or 88 Otis went to having short and long sleeve coveralls being made with a six point harness built inside of them. A year or so later we could order a mesh short leg/sleeve suit with the same built in harness in it.
    It was very convenient to step in, hook up your Junior Johnson chest strap and your ready to go.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Well, it makes as much sense as wearing a condom ALL. THE. TIME. (even when you arent having sex)
    Just out of high school my summer job before college was at a expansion at Purina Mills. Large I beams swinging to and fro…. First day I was issued a shiny new white hard hat. I ask the boss what good would it do against a falling I beam. He said you will be dead, but it helps us identify the mush because your name and address are engraved inside the hard hat.

INgunowner

ARC Solutions
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    Henry County
    Bullard C34 with 6 point ratchet lock.

Whatever you get, go 6 point harness and buy a nice leather sweat band.

Don't waste your money on the Gucci,
    The hat is just for holding stickers,
    Your boots and gloves are more important.

YMMV

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    The last post brought to mind the time an apprentice came out on the job. The foreman forgot to give the little plastic bag with the head gear in it to the kid. He came walking out of the job trailer with the hat on his head, he looked like a turtle, everyone just started laughing. Hat was over his ears clear down over his eyes, resting on his nose. True story.

Top Bottom