Leupold Rifleman or Nikon Pro Staff scope?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • papakevin

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Looking to get a nice but basic 3-9 by 40mm scope for my Sig 522. I can purchase the Leupold for $150 or the Nikon for $100. I've looked thru a Leupold at Bass Pro and was really impressed, but looking for suggestions before I drop this type of coin on a scope.

BTW, both of the models I'm looking to get are from online sources, so I can't look thru them myself, which is why I'm seeking advise. Thanks.

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    I like the Leupold's once you get into the VX-2's or higher; but I think I'd go with the Nikon in this case as well.

papakevin

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks for the advice guys.

The Nikon is currently on sale at Cabela's for $99 (regular price $159). It's not the one with the BDC, but still sounds like a good price for a 3-9 40mm Nikon scope. Sale ends tonight, but Midway has the same scope on sale thru 12/31 for $109.

The Leupold Rifleman scope is on sale at Cabela's online as well for $159, but not sure when it ends.

Ended up buying the Nikon and using code "GIFTS" to get free shipping. Scope is on backorder, but doubt I'll be doing much shooting now thru the end of the year (unfortunately), so I'm ok not getting it for a few weeks.

Top Bottom