• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I wanted to show off my latest project that Allen M helped me out with. I've had a Rossi 1892 replica for probably 12-15 years now. I've loved I and shot it quite a bit; killed my first two deer with it even. Ever since I got a 9mm suppressor, I've wanted to put the two together for some quiet plinking fun! I tore it apart a couple of years ago and have taken it to a couple of machinists to see about getting the barrel threaded. Nobody could come up with a good idea without pulling the barrel, and non had the capabilities to do so.

Allen and I were doing some other business recently and I asked him about the project. e had recently picked up a barrel vice and action wrench for the '92 action. He pulled he barrel and cut it down 2" to get rid of the notches for the mag tube cap screw and the barrel band. He threaded it 1/2"-28 and made a nice thread protector. He also drill and tapped two holes for an XS sights rear peep that is intended for a M94 Winchester.

I picked the barreled action up from him and set about re-installing all the parts. I had o cut down the magazine tube and re notch it for the rear barrel band. I also had to open up the barrel portion of the front barrel band to deal with the barrels taper. then, I had to notch the barrel for the front barrel band screw and the mag tube cap's screw. I also made a taller front sight to match up with the new rear peep.

Ive only fired a couple of rounds through it so far, but it's QUIET!! I'm looking forward to getting it to the range and getting it sighted back in with my hunting load and then putting the can on it for some quiet .38 special plinking!

I'm very happy with the work that Allen did, as always!

Top Bottom