• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I'm looking into getting a Marlin lever gun in either .357 magnum or .45LC. Can anyone give me a rough estimate on a price for a used rifle? I'm probably going to be selling my 870 to raise funds and I want to know what I'll be looking at. Thanks! :ingo:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I'm looking into getting a Marlin lever gun in either .357 magnum or .45LC. Can anyone give me a rough estimate on a price for a used rifle? I'm probably going to be selling my 870 to raise funds and I want to know what I'll be looking at. Thanks! :ingo:

I wonder if you can shoot 454 CASULL out of a 45 LC LEVER GUN:dunno:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Paid $600 for a new Marlin 1894c .357 a year ago. Best price I could find. Its amazing how the prices on levers have jumped in the past years.

Ouch. I'm guessing the price jump is due to deer hunting, but I'm not sure. I want a deer legal caliber, but I just want a lever action rifle. I've thought about 30-30, but I'd like it to be used for more than one purpose.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    check gun broker

Buy marlin 1894 Lever Action & Sell marlin 1894 Lever Action Items at GunBroker.com

In Indiana since it is deer legal and most other rifles are not the prices here are higher.

if you were to open up to 44 mag then you would be opening up lots more guns since 7 of every 10 made are in 44. I got a few of them for under 400 with scope off the broker, pre safety is more cash. A hunter with scratches is going to cost less. They will last a couple of lifetimes of use but I wold get a few screwdrivers that fit the screws as then loosen a little when shot.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Thanks for the info jmarriott, I will check it out. I would be fine with .44 mag, ammo is pretty common for that. I really like .45LC but the price of ammo can get pretty high if you don't reload. I've gotta scratch that itch somehow...

Top Bottom